cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrative Fee Change & Contract Cancelation

Journeyman

Re: Administrative Fee Change & Contract Cancelation

Well, I chatted with a very nice CSR today... I told her I wanted to cancel my line (second line on the account with my mom, who is happy with her service) with no ETF. She asked why, and I answered that I have four reasons - the administrative fee increase, the arbitration change to JAMS, that my phone gets sporadic signal at best at work, and that my phone gets sporadic signal at best at my girlfriend's house.

She told me that I can expect to be contacted within two hours via email as I am at work and my phone has no signal, and that I will not be charged an ETF.

Journeyman

good idea! Thanks!!

Journeyman

Actually, the calls you are now receiving may be Sprint's evaluation of its customer service.  Perhaps you should answer, and give Sprint the lowest mark for everything.  It would be obscene if Sprint were to maintain its high customer service rating after this fiasco.

Journeyman

I filed a complaint with them and with BBB and my state Attorney General's office! Sprint has been contacting me now but I know they won't let me go so I won't answer their calls! Unless if they can call me and leave that on my voicemail then don't bother calling me! They even emailed me too!

Journeyman

I encourage everyone to file a complaint with the FCC.  It takes only a few minutes.  My bet is that Sprint will be unwilling to officially defend its criminally insane "logic" in front of the FCC.  Instead, they will quietly permit you to leave without ETF.  (But the procedure may take a couple of months.)

Highlighted
Wizard

WTF... I didn't know they don't pro-rate the bill... I just made a payment yesterday.  Does that mean that money is lost even if I was able to avoid an ETF?  Plus, who pays for your service during the time that you're disputing the ETF?  I'm guess that takes a while.

Truth_Seeker wrote:

I will be contacting them tonight to try and get my contract terminated.  It seems, though, they will give me the run around.  After I have exhausted all other options, I will send a letter and provide a template also.  I also have a sprint executive's number if that option needs to be used also.  Remember people you still have time until October 8th.  The best time to terminate is at the end of your last billing cycle since they bill a month in advance.   For example, my last billing period was july 17-aug 16th (something close to that) and billing statement was august 20th.  This period depends on when you signed your contract.  So logically, since sprint doesn't pro rate, To take advantage of the full month in advance you paid for, you should try to terminate (if successful) as close to billing cycle as possible. 

Journeyman

"In Cunningham vs. Fleetwood Homes of Georgia, reported at page 611 of the third Federal Reporter, volume 253, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that arbitration clauses are material terms to a contract." (Cunningham v. Fleetwood Homes of Georgia, Inc., 253 F.3d, 611 (11th Cir. 2001))

Journeyman

I will be contacting them tonight to try and get my contract terminated.  It seems, though, they will give me the run around.  After I have exhausted all other options, I will send a letter and provide a template also.  I also have a sprint executive's number if that option needs to be used also.  Remember people you still have time until October 8th.  The best time to terminate is at the end of your last billing cycle since they bill a month in advance.   For example, my last billing period was july 17-aug 16th (something close to that) and billing statement was august 20th.  This period depends on when you signed your contract.  So logically, since sprint doesn't pro rate, To take advantage of the full month in advance you paid for, you should try to terminate (if successful) as close to billing cycle as possible. 

Journeyman

Do you think you could post the text of your letter for people to use as a template? I'm going to be trying to cancel my service in the next few days, and if I'm given the run-around I'd like to have that to refer to. I suspect many people will agree.

Journeyman

I contacted Sprint today and tried to use this change in Administrative Charge, as well as the change in the terms and conditions as a reason to terminate my contract.  Apparently the CSR's has gotten marching orders from very high up that they can not do this.  I pointed out that changes to the Administrative Charge has considered a material change in the past, but the CSR wouldn't help.

So the next logical (and easiest) step is to follow the terms and conditions and send a letter initiating the arbitration process.  I would think that if enough people bring this to arbitration, then it will jam Sprint up.  And the process seems fairly simple, just send a letter per the instructions below.  This will also provide documentation that I provided notice to Sprint within 30 days of the change that I want out of the contract. 

from the Dispute Resolution section of the terms and conditions

sprint.com/termsandconditions

"if either of us wants to initiate a calim to arbitrate a Dispute, we each agree to send written notice to the other providing a description of the dispute, a description of previous efforts to resolve the dispute, all relevant documents and supporting information, and the proposed resolution.

..... notice to us will be sent to: General Counsel; Arbitration Office; 12502 Sunrise Valley Drive, Mailstop VARESA0202-2C682; Reston, Virginia 20191.  We each agree to make attempts to resolve the dispute prior to filing a cliam for arbitration.  If we cannot resolve the dispute within 45 days of receipt of notice to arbitrate, the we each may submit the dispute for formal arbitration: