cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boston Coverage

Journeyman

Boston Coverage

I switched to Sprint from AT&T about a month ago. I've noticed that the LTE coverage is much worse than what I had AT&T. There are many places that I used to have 4 bars of 4G. Now I'm lucky when I can get an LTE signal. Places where I used to have 4 bars of service, I now have no service. What is Sprint doing to improve it's coverage in Boston?

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Master

Re: Boston Coverage

I understand your concern.  The reason for the coverage difference is we are just building out our coverage in the Boston area currently only about  15% of the towers have had 4G LTE capability added to them.   More towers are b  eing upgrade at this time.  I can not give you an exact date at this time as storms such as Sandy impact the schedule.

Journeyman

Re: Boston Coverage

I also live in Boston and my new iPhone 5 does not even get 3 G service in the areas I live in. LTE is not even an option for me. This new service is horrible. I barely have bars in my location. I used to get way better service with Sprint. Now it is horrible. You should be lucky to get 4 G. Sprint needs to figure this out ASAP. They claim the delay is From the hurricane but let's be honest, it barely affected Boston. Sprint is a multi billion dollar a year profitable company that can't even get their towers in line in a major city. Very disappointing.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.