cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get an early phone upgrade?

SOLVED
Journeyman

Can I get an early phone upgrade?

I took my phone into a Sprint service center AGAIN for about the 4th time in less than a year. I have a Blackberry Curve that keeps breaking. 1st time I took it in for a broken track pad/keyboard in September 2011, they kept my phone for about 3 weeks and then decided to give me a new one because I have insurance. The 2nd time I had to take my phone in was in October 2011 for a swelling battery because there was a short in my phone. 3rd time I took my phone in was for a 2nd battery that was swollen. And the 4th time, just yesterday, I got my phone looked at because my navigaiton wasn't working since I got my replacement phone in September. They took a look at my phone and said it was a software problem and that I'd have to pay $100 for a replacement phone which I KNOW is going to break just like all of my others that I have owned. So basically I am stuck paying for a Sprint Navigation service that I can't use.

So here's my dilemma... I am moving to Los Angeles in 10 days and I need a phone that is reliable and has working navigation and does not die every 2 hours. My upgrade is literally 30 days from now and they say I can either pay $100 for a new unreliable phone, or move with my unreliable phone and wait for my upgrade which does not seem fair. Especially since I have been a sprint customer for 8 years and am paying for the most expensive plan they have.

Is there anyway that I can get around this and get an early upgrade? Can I complain that there is a software defect in my current phone?

1 REPLY
Master

Re: Can I get an early phone upgrade?

Telesales can approve and process upgrade 12 days early but I do not know of any other way.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.