cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't save pics from HTC Evo shift-charging port broken

Highlighted
Journeyman

The charging port on my 6 month old HTC evo shift phone broke a couple days agol. I don't have insurance on it so I bought one on EBay and will be activating it as soon as it comes in. I've exported my contacts to the SD card, and I can see that the "saved" pics are on the SD card as well. However, the downloaded pics and pics taken from the camera are in different folders and I can't figure out how to save them to the SD card, or my computer. I can't "sync" to my computer because I can't use the port.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES
Master

The downloaded pics and pics taken with the camera are saved by default to the SD card, If your purchasing the same type of device just swap cards and they will be there.

Journeyman

Thanks for replying, I did take the SD card out and load it into my card reader, I could see the saved pics but couldn't find any other pics. Maybe I didn't look in the right place.

Wizard

The other images are probably hiding in a folder. Pictures are saved exclusively to the SD card on the Shift, so they have to be there somewhere.

-Donnie

Journeyman

Thanks again, it's so frustrating to begin with that the charging port broke after 6 months! I've owned several cell phones, am in my 40's so I'm not "abusing" my phone. The Evo 4g's are known to have this problem but since the Evo Shift's aren't, Sprint won't replace it for me.

Journeyman

Another way to do it if your phoen still cuts on and your data is working is to email the pics that you don't see on your sd card to your email address.

Master

Also, if you have received picturemail and haven't manually saved each image to the SD card then they wont be on the card.  You need to go through your text message conversations and look for all the picturemails and make sure to save them...Then they will be on the card and can be transferred from the old device to the new one. 

I use an app in the android market called backup to Gmail - it saves all texts, call logs, and mms picturemails to your Gmail address under a label marked as read... and if you change phones/roms etc, you can always install that application and restore all your messages wirelessly including the pictures in picturemail.  I think it was only a dollar.  It was so worth it.

thanks

-John

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.