cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive text messages from Verizon and Tmobile customers

Journeyman

Since I ported my number from Boost Mobile to Sprint I am having issues with my text messages. I am able to send messages to all carriers and they receive them but I do not receive their messages when they reply back. I have traced it and realize that this only happens with people that have Verizon and Tmobile. Please help me!

22 REPLIES
Journeyman

I'm actually having the same problem. My friend has Verizon and I don't receive his messages and I just switched my number over from Virgin Mobile (similar network). I was on a live chat with support for an hour reprogramming my phone and doing general troubleshooting and it was unable to be fixed. I'd like to know if there's a fix or the source of the issue

Journeyman

I have been having the same issue for about 3 weeks now. I have done all of the same trouble shooting steps about 10 times and I have also had multiple tickets created...including two CTMS tickets which according to Sprint is supposed to fix the issue. This issue onl occurs with users who have switched either from Virgin Mobile or Boost Mobile. I have told Sprint numerous times that this was an issue when my # was ported over or that there is an issue with their routing host but they just do not seem to understand.

Journeyman

Wow, that seems to make a lot of sense that it would be the routing host. I'm going to try and open up a new chat and see what I can do. I'd be pretty upset if I ended up having to change numbers over this.

I understand what an inconvenience this can be and I would like to see how I can be of assistance in getting to a resolution.

mkatwaroo92, if you can send me a private message I can check the status of the CTMS ticket, or have you already been contacted by our offline fix agents?

Canteez, have you been able to work with someone that submitted a ticket for you? If not, can you send me a private message with your phone number so I can work on getting a ticket in. Thanks.

Journeyman

Re: Cannot receive text messages from Verizon and Tmobile customers

I've been having trouble with this too and I ended up taking my phone into a sprint store after talking on the phone to a rep for over an hour, everything she did didn't fix the problem. I was just curious if you found a way that did fix your problem without having to change your number. From what the technicians have been telling me it sounds like I'm probably going to have to change my number.

Journeyman

I contacted Sprint and I had them create a CTMS ticket. Tell them that many people have the same issue you are experiencing. Once they create the CTMS ticket it took about a week for them to fix the issue. They said that it was an issue with the routing. Tell them that based on the information you read on the Sprint community that you know it is a routing issue.

Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue. Please let me know if anyone gets this fixed! It is SO FRUSTRATING.

Master

If you can get text  messages from other sources say sprint and at&t devices  then it is a routing issue.  Each number is routed separately between the carriers.   a number change can resolve this is but is less than optimal.

If you can get a  couple of examples some one from the carrier to text you so you can have date time carrier and number texting you   customer service can create a ticket so we can submit it up to get the issue resolved

Journeyman

I have the same issue it's very annoying I called in on Friday they said they would have a member of their advanced support staff contact me, which they have yet to do so. I can't believe Sprint is blocking me from being able to receive text messages frmo 108.7 million subscribers!

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.