cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive text messages from Verizon and Tmobile customers

22 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Cannot receive text messages from Verizon and Tmobile customers

You are right. It started working now. Thanks.

Master

When porting a number from one carrier to another it can take up to 72 hours for the text messaging service to properly route the messages.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem. I just switched from MetroPCS to Sprint yesterday and kept my old MetroPCS phone number. Now I cannot send or receive texts to or from any MetroPCS phones. I can text any other carrier just fine. It is only the 5 people that are in my contact list that have MetroPCS, I am unable to text. I called Sprint earlier today and they told me that it has to be something wrong with their MetroPCS service, but I figured that it has to be the routing issue everyone is talking about. I will be calling back again, and if this issue is not resolved, I will just cancel my Sprint service before my 14 day window ends because my entire family uses MetroPCS and it is frustrating not being able to text them.

Journeyman

I have the same issue ever since I integrated Google voice with Sprint. Now I have deactivated Google voice on my phone, but the text message issue does not go away. Need help from someone here, Sprint sure are not helping!

Wizard

erasable, I do not recommend porting to/from google voice to fix this. I see this frequently when people port their number from google voice to Sprint. What happens is the independent intercarrier gateway that regulates the flow messages doesn't always get notified that your google voice number is now with Sprint, so messages originating from other carriers are routed incorrectly and are lost. I suspect the issue is google related because of the frequency I see this same scenario. I need some personal information from you to solve this and have sent you a PM requesting this information. As soon as I hear back from you I will work on getting this resolved.

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply. I've actually ported to and from Google Voice in the past before I was with sprint. If it doesnt get resolved soon this will be my only option.

Journeyman

If you're willing to do it you can fix the problem very easily and still keep your contract. It will cost you 20 bucks. Port your number to google voice. Then call Sprint and say you need a new phone number assigned to your account. Your accuont wont change and your useable phone number wont change. Google voice can then fwd any call or text to your old number to your new sprint number. Using google voice also means you can check voicemail, text messages, missed calls from any computer (and respond to them!). It took 24 hours to port the number during which time I could still use my phone. Then when it ported it shut off until I called sprint. Phone capabilities returned in about an hour and full texting returned in about 12 hours. Sounds complicated but it was much less stressfull than trying to convince people at sprint that the texting issue was on their end because it only happened after I got a new phone that they set up! Overall I still like my sprint contract so I didn't want to void it and switch carriers... this solved both problems.

Journeyman

Im having the same exact problem. Customer care has been useless. Made around 5 calls about this, Been on the phone with them hours at a time. I just keep getting transferred. Alledgedly, there have been two tickets made on this issue, but still the same problem. Regretting switching to sprint...

Wizard

I can help you with this. I sent you a PM requesting more information from you.

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. I switched from Metro PCS to Sprint today and cannot receive messages from Verizon or Tmobile users. Since it looks like it wont get fixed anytime soon and my significant other has tmobile...I guess I'll be turning in my phone to get my money back and cancel my service. Fortunately I'm in the 14 day window.