cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early upgrade eligibility for iPhone?

SOLVED
Journeyman

I believe the iPhone is definitely coming in October.  Question is, will Sprint let me upgrade my contract earlier than 2 years to get it?  I am not eligible for a 2 year upgrade until July 2012.  Will they make me pay the regular price for an October upgrade since they know everyone will want the phone?    I want to get it when it comes out in October since Apple would probably have a whole new phone by July 2012.

I just hope that Sprint will have some flexibility when it comes to upgrading phone when the iPhone comes out.

6 REPLIES
Sprint Employee

Hello 1113Harrison, I know that Iphone is a hot subject around here as of late, as you are likely aware we cannot comment one way or another on if we are getting an Iphone. At this time I have not been told anything which would lead me to believe that you will be allowed to upgrade early. this may change in the future, but I have no way to know.

Wizard

Honesty the moderator and admin are not going to let us know at all. I have a close friend that use to work with sprint show me a Memo regarding about the iPhone 5 we just have to wait

Journeyman

I think it would be standard upgrades. I don't recall any other carrier allowing upgrades when they got the iphone. Now if you were upgrading your plan too, say to an everything plan, then they might be a little more flexible. That's what AT&T did. Since there were few smart phones at the time, they developed a plan for the iphone. Current customers could upgrade their plans + extend their contracts, for discounts on the iphone. The discounts weren't great - not as good as being out of contract.

Sometimes it's not bad to wait it out on a new phone. Youre letting other people work out the bugs.

Wizard

Re: Early upgrade eligibility for iPhone?

I can't see Sprint allowing you to upgrade10 months early. I would suggest that you get the 900 minute plan and wait three months to be a gold member. That's what I did, but remember, it's expensive. After my plan, $10.00 premium data, and insurance, plus fees my monthly bill is $116.00 and change. The iPhone is a great device, I have owned the 3Gs and the iPhone 4 and like I said, it's a great device but you can't customize anything without jail breaking it and voiding your warranty. That's why I sold my iPhone 4 a got an EVO. Couldn't be happier!

Wizard

Re: Early upgrade eligibility for iPhone?

Upgrade early for a rumor? where is it confirmed sprint and iPhone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow Mr. Harrison are you somebody really important that you should get an upgrade 9 months early?  I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you lol.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.