cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 67. Registration Failure. Your Sprint data service username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.

Journeyman

Error 67. Registration Failure. Your Sprint data service username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.

Ok. This error has been in my face for two days now. I have chatted with 2 techs, they both reprovisioned my phone, made me reset the RTN, and made me hard reset twice. For all the techs who tell me to update my profile, I HAVE UPDATED MY PROFILE AND PRL ABOUT 20 TIMES! Nothing works.The only time I've had some progress is when I reset my RTN and before the phone went through handsfree activation, it had 3G, but when it did activate, the error persist. This is making my very disappointed in sprint. I am paying for this service, I expect it to work. Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch

6 REPLIES
Master

Re: Error 67. Registration Failure. Your Sprint data service username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.

You need to do the hard reset with the buttons - not the RTN process. The encrypted password is stuck in the provisioning slot.

Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch:

• •1. Turn the power off. If the Samsung Epic 4G Touch is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  • •2. Hold the Volume UP and Power Button down until the System Recovery screen pops up
  • •3. A menu will show that allows for Reboot, Apply update, Wipe data, and Wipe cache
  • •4. Hightlight Wipe data using the volume buttons Select it by pressing the House button
  • •5. Confirm: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
  • •6. Select Reboot with the house button
  • •7. Phone will reboot

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Re: Error 67. Registration Failure. Your Sprint data service username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.

Very knowledgeable approach to the situation but still the error shows. More suggestions please?

Wizard

so just for clarification, they had you hard reset via through the android Settings>privacy>factory data reset?

or did they walk you through ##786# to reset?

or both

Journeyman

if you still are getting a data fail then your device has a defect in the programming - slot 0 is sprint username password and slot 1 is your username password - when you reset and remove your info slot 1 - and the slot 0 does not connect it is defective  - go to a store for a replacement

Shelltrack,

If your still having the issue send me a Private Message and I can reset the username password.

Thanks,

-Ron

Journeyman

The process outlined in the 2nd post in this thread solved this problem for me:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/60703

Error 67 is a generic network message that your data username is not validating. After too many attempts it will lock you out for 15 minutes.

I would recommend turning the phone off for 15 minutes, then turn it back on, close out of any error messages that may pop up when it turns on as apps attempt to access the net. Go to Settings > System Updates > Update Profile. This will update and reprogram your phone with the current settings on the network. 99% of the time this will fix the issue. If not then it will probably require restoring the data profile back to nothing and updating, to do this you will need to contact Customer Care or take it into a store because it will need a lock code to access the menu.

Note that you need to go to settings > about phone > system updates > update profile.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.