cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling Cheated & Poor Customer Service

Journeyman

Hello,

I had a mobile wifi device, and the plan was changed to no longer include unlimited 4G. Yeah, I was initially a little upset over that. But what really worried me is I saw  I had used over my new limit.Well I contacted customer service about this plan change - and they stated that it was not in effect yet and I did not have to worry about the overage charges. However, my billing date came up, and I saw I owed $194 in overages. I, again, contacted sprint and was told there was nothing they could do and I would just have to pay the overages. I would not have owed the overages, had the initial customer service rep changed the plan to a plan that covered a larger amount of data. I would gladly have paid $80 for the 12 GB and I would have been okay. But no. I was misled into believing everything was okay, and then was offered no solution because it was too late to do anything about it.  But due to your lack of training on your customer service individuals, it cost me double my normal bill just after Chrstmas. If you don't want my business, fine, I am happy with my service from sprint, and would love to continue doing business with you guys - but I would like to see this rectified instead of swept under the rug

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Your most likely going to have to pay for the charges.  It will be up to you if you want to continue with Sprint service because of this issue

Journeyman

i, and many many other folks have had the same issue. there are plenty of posts about it if you search for them. quite a few have been able to avoid paying the overage fee, including myself. in my case the overage was to the tune of $500. when i bought the mobile broadband device from sprint with unlimited 4g it was with the intention of using it as my home internet connection, which has worked out fine until now. A tiered data plan just doesn't work for home use. Fixing this has cost me enough time and effort to just leave Sprint all together.So they are not just losing my mobile broadband contract, but all of my phone services as well. Too bad, ive been a customer for 10 years.

Journeyman

oh they also waived the contract termination fee for the broadband device. i doubt they will do the same with the phone but at this point i don't care.

Journeyman

I did the same Madandgone123....

I actually got lucky and slipped through the cracks with the broadband service.  I purchased it at Best Buy and they put it under someone else's name and account I guess.  I used it for about 3 months.  Then it just shut off.  I went back to BestBuy and they told me it was mistakenly put under another persons account.  That I would need to call Sprint to take care of it.  I called Sprint and they showed I had no record of the device.

I was going to do what I had to for it to be under my name and re-activated.  This was right around the time of the Terms and Conditions change to the contract by capping the originally unlimited.  I purchased the hotspot with intentions of using it as my home internet.  But with the changes with data capping and with overages of $50 a GB, I felt it wouldnt be smart to keep this service.  So I just didnt call Sprint back about it. 

I dont know whos name it was under.  But I got about 3 months for free

This on top of others changes Sprint has gone through helped me decided to take my family plan elsewhere also.  It cost me in the ETF's for those lines but O well.  Well worth it to me.

Journeyman

dont worry, Ive been upset with sprints deceptive practices for over 5 years now. been carrying the same phone for 3 years now, Ive been a 15 year customer , paid these guys over $20 grand on services over that time and gotten nothing but attitude from CSAs

SPRINT NEEDS TO WAKE THE EFF UP and realize That I (and You) are the customers. and while not always right we are always the customer. and there are others that are willing to provide us for the exact services we pay for without giving the 'tudes.

I VOTE FOR A SPRINT DISCONNECT DAY!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.