cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get out of CONTRACT

Journeyman

Get out of CONTRACT

Around a week ago, I signed up 4 new smartphones (two Galaxy III and two Iphone 4s).  Service is horrible.  Never get 4G on our Galaxy III.  Phones always go to roaming.  Can I return the phones and not be charged early term penaly?

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Get out of CONTRACT

Was the service always that bad or did it just start happening? Are you in a 4G LTE area?

Journeyman

Almost since I got the phones.  I work in NYC and live in Central Jersey.  Apparantly, they are 4G LTE.  A coworker of mine has the same phone using Verizon and always gets 4G service in NYC.

Journeyman

I believe Sprint's trial period is 14 days (sprint.com/etf).  If you're within that time then you should be able to return the phones without any issues.

As far as LTE is concerned, you need to be in an area where Sprint offers LTE.  Just because your friend on Verizon has the same phone as you and gets an LTE signal, they're still on Verizon so that would have nothing to do with you getting LTE service on Sprint.  I would check Sprint's website (or call them) to see if you're in a Sprint LTE area which I don't think you are.

(I hope my post didn't sound rude as that was not my intention.)

Journeyman

According to the 4G map, I'm in the area.  However, it's very rare that I get 4G service.  In most cases I get roaming service.  This never happened while I was with Verizon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would contact Sprint then while you're still in the trial period.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.