cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block incoming numbers from calling your cellular

13 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: How to block incoming numbers from calling your cellular

If you have a Blackberry or Android phone, you can download an app called SmrtGuard which will let you enter a blocked call list and phone number that you enter will not be able to call you any longer.

Journeyman

Hi, could someone please tell me how I can keep unavailable numbers from calling me?  I need to block numbers that are calling me that do not show their caller id.

Thankx,

Denn

Highlighted
Journeyman

Note the new blog post Blocking incoming or outgoing phone numbers. This new feature will be available as of August 30.

Journeyman

For a free service you can try the new Google Voice.  You can add numbers to a contact list and then set that contact to block. It will play a "this number has been disconnected message".  www.google.com/voice

Journeyman

I am a victm or harrassing calls also...sprint was kind enough to direct me to an app that is working well for me it is called "trap call". go to trapcall.com and register for it. you do have a cost per month but the peace of mind is so worth it. You can add numbers as they need to be on your block list. this will block text and phone....I know sprint is doing what they can for us but we need to do what we can for ourselves until they finallize the blocking process for us...Happy blocking!!!

Journeyman

The HTC EVO 4G has a setting for you to add the number to your contacts and send it to your voice mail. your phone never rings. makes it a loght nicer JR

Journeyman

you did mention what kind of phone, I am using the Samsung Moment.

I was getting calls from a company saying they were collecting a $15 debt I owed,They were calling 6 times a day.

I google the phone number and it was a scam. Here is what I was able to do:

Add number to contacts I just listed it as SCAM then selected a weird ringtone and then my phone has a selection called Incoming Calls if I check the box it sends all calls from this number to voice mail. My phone does not even ring when they call. And about two weeks ago they stopped calling all together.

Journeyman

I've been getting that answer from Sprint for the last two years....."It's being worked on and should be coming out soon".  

Blocking incoming numbers from my cell - this is an important feature that I sorely need.   Blocking texts is just a start.

Journeyman

My original posting included a hyperlink to an article that provided details on how to block incoming  text messages. Hope this helps a bit more.

Master

As far as blocking a number from calling you, It was posted on here not long ago that it is something being worked on and we should see the option soon.

Blocking a number from texting you can be done from your account page under "My Device & Media>Messaging>Block Text"

Or from your cell phone, Text "block xxx-xxx-xxxx" to 9999(x's being the number to block)