cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlock my sprint iphone 5 for international sim card?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to unlock my sprint iphone 5 for international sim card?

hello everyone,

i bought 2 iphone 5's from sprint and i moved now to israel for few months and the phone doesnt work with a local sim card!

i was talking to sprint customer service but they are telling me that they cannot open the phone for international use becauuse i have to be at least 12 months with them under contract that they can do so...

how can i unlock the phones for international use?

i never saw such a disappointing company that doenst know how to treat her customers like sprint!!! :-(

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: How to unlock my sprint iphone 5 for international sim card?

itay_tlv,

Thank you for the post and my apologies for the delayed response.

Our international team does provide assistance for unlocking your sim card slot on the iPhone but there are a few guidelines required by Sprint and Apple. First, you must have your iPhone active on a Sprint account for at least 90 days. Second, the account must not be past-due and last, you must not be an ASL account.

I am not sure where the 12 months number came from. It must be 90 days.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

Hi Chris,

so if srint do provide assistance for unlocking sim slots i cant understand why i have to have sprint account for at least 90 days that they can help me?!?

its not that i'm asking to open it for an other u.s carrier! i need it for a international use only!

why i need to be punished for choosing sprint to be my cell company?!? I'M YOUR  CUSTOMER!!! we need to work together and not against each other! you need to help me when i need you and not to give me a hard time! thats why i choose sprint! cause we all know that all companies actualy give the same service of using cell phones but the difference is the customer service and to tell you the true i'm so frustrated! i cant understand the idea that i need to use the iphone now and you wont help me but in 90 days when i'll be back in CA you guys will be ok with unlock my iphone for intenational use whene i no longer need it!

i'm sure that if someone with sprint wants to help he can help! the option exists just need to want.

i will be much more than greatful to you guys if you can help me... i'm stuck without iphone and i cant even work - its actualy my office!

please try to help me! i really need help now...

thanks

Wizard

I do apologies for the inconvenience but this policy is strictly enforced and outside of my control. For more information you may speak with our international department. They may be able to give you a better answer as to the reasoning behind this policy. http://sprint.com/international

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

There are websites where you can buy an unlock, but it's like $140, quite expensive.  If you search for "Sprint iPhone 5 sim unlock" it'll bring up some sites.  The best bet would have been buying an iPhone from Verizon since Verizon's iPhones come out of the back unlocked.

Journeyman

There are websites where you can buy an unlock, but it's like $140, quite expensive.  If you search for "Sprint iPhone 5 sim unlock" it'll bring up some sites.  The best bet would have been buying an iPhone from Verizon since Verizon's iPhones come out of the back unlocked.

Journeyman

Journeyman

There are websites where you can buy an unlock, but it's like $140, quite expensive.  If you search for "Sprint iPhone 5 sim unlock" it'll bring up some sites.

Journeyman

Journeyman

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.