cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I blocked someone from texting or calling me on Sprint.com ... what message(s) will they get if any?

SOLVED
Journeyman

I blocked someone from texting or calling me on Sprint.com ... what message(s) will they get if any?

So I blocked someone from calling/texting me and I wanted to see if it was working.  I blocked a friend and had her send me a text message.  On her end it said it was sent and she never got anything bounce back to her (she is an ATT customer).  When I tried to text her I immediately got a bounce back message that said she was on my block list.

When I called her I got an automessage and the call would not complete. 

Isn't there a bounce back/automessage for the blocked party?? I would like this person to know that I have blocked them.  I have an Epic 4G touch and I can't find a block option in my phone for this specific contact.

Thanks,

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: I blocked someone from texting or calling me on Sprint.com ... what message(s) will they get if any?

I would like to add that when she called me it said that I was not accepting calls at this time ... so the question is how come she doesn't get something back when she texts me that says I am not accepting texts??

thanks,

Highlighted

Re: I blocked someone from texting or calling me on Sprint.com ... what message(s) will they get if any?

mnc79,

May be possible that the web site died not save or accept the block for the SMS messages.  If you have a number blocked the person will receive the message 'the recipient you are sending to has chosen not to receive messages. Msg 2108' .  I would try to block that number again in the system.  If you are still having the same issue after trying again please feel free to send me a private message with the information and I will complete for you.

Thanks,

-Ron

Journeyman

nope that didnt work  and Sprint said that it is not possible.  They said for text it only happens if you block all the numbers or all EXCEPT specific numbers