cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of phone

Journeyman

Locked out of phone

Sir/Ma'am,

I have fogotten my PIN and now locked out of my phone.  What do I need to do?

3 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Locked out of phone

Oh man, being locked out of your phone is a tough situation to be in.  What kind of phone do you have?  If you have info backed up elsewhere, it would be best to perform a factory reset.  Also, depending on the phone model, after so many failed attempts for the PIN/password, the phone may wipe itself.  Depending on your phone model, I'll be able to provide the best steps to take.

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I have a Samsung Galaxy S III. I really need to get this taken care of.

Highlighted
Wizard

If you had integrated a google account/gmail onto your S3, after 10 failed attempts the device will prompt you to sign on through google.  If you don't have google credentials you'll have to perform a hard reset which would completely wipe the device and you'd lose all data stored.  The Hard Reset is last resort, to perform you'd needs to follow the steps below:

1. Turn off Samsung Galaxy S3.
  2. Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
  3. Release all buttons when you see SGS3 Logo.
  4. Android system recovery will be loaded then.
  5. Select wipe data/factory reset. (use Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)
  6. Select Yes — delete all user data.
  7. Finally, select reboot system now.

Hope this helps.

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.