Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made a fool of

14 REPLIES
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Made a fool of

Sprint has acknowledge that I have a dropped call history since 3/26 due to tower upgrades, after speaking with several supervisors on Saturday who were mostly rude I finally got to speak to someone who I thought could help me.  I re-activated my old blackberry to see if it was a network issue and not just my nexus, which it was.  After speaking to two supervisors today one who blew up on my husband for asking what warrants an etf waiver we were told to hold on for his supervisor to call us back.  He did and felt that with all of my dropped call history we were still at an acceptable rate in order to not waive our etf and by telling us that tower upgrades will be complete by the 14th we cannot get out of our etf.  Now I am waiting to hear back from another supervisor who escalated my call further up the ladder.  So after complaints filed with the BBB FTC FCC and countless "supervisors" I still have a phone that doesn't work

Journeyman

What finally happened with your situation? I'm going through the same thing. It's so emotionally draining, YOU JUST WANT TO SCREAM. Thanks, Tim

Master

JNEWMAN924

I've sent your experience on to my contacts here at corporate headquarters for investigation. They my want to contact you for additional details.  If they do, I will private messge you with what contact details I need.

Thanks,

mapesy

Wizard

I don't work for Sprint and I have no interest is being favorable to them or you:

I had a hard time following what your exact problem was with Sprint; i.e., why they didn't offer repair, replacement, or offer to sell you a reconditioned phone.

If your phone was damaged (physical, water, etc.) and you didn't have insurance then you have to pay for repair/replacement yourself.

Samsung will repair, or offer a reconditioned replacement or new replacement IF your phone isn't damaged from misuse. You have a 1 year Samsung warranty. Scanning the internet blogs, it sounds like they can turn your phone around in 2 to 3 weeks.

Alternatively, you could purchase a used Sprint phone off of Craigslist or eBay priced anywhere from $10 to hundreds of dollars and Sprint will activate it for you for free. Do note, that even if you had insurance, you may have had to pay a deductible.

Right now, it sounds like you're mad. While that may be an appropriate response, it won't get you anywhere towards solving your predicament. When someone is mad at someone else, the other person has a harder time listening, empathizing or thinking clearly. Communication between both parties fails, there is a lack of understanding and comprehension, and grid-lock ensues.

Maybe your problem is your fault; maybe it is Sprint's. But if you want to solve it, you'll have better luck by using a moderate, non-threatening tone (speak softly) when speaking with customer service types. Additionally, the approach of trying to get credits, offsets, refunds and so on because "it's not my fault and you owe me for my inconvenience", is a losing strategy, IMHO. When successful, it takes a long time, you'll never get what you really want, and you'll be angrier than when you started!

If you get no where with Sprint, then solve your own problem using one of the alternatives I noted above.  You need a phone right?

Journeyman

Thank you i have already filed complaints with the fcc consumer complaint department, the bbb, my local paper, and i am done being pushed around.  After speaking to two different supervisors who are now telling me without insurance i cannot do anything and Samsung has to get involved.  So I cannot get my ETF waived by the higher ups lets see what the fcc bb can do for me.

Journeyman

I totally understand where you're coming from... we've been dealing with phone issues since oct-nov and they can't tell me it's a service issue cause it can't take that long.. we've done numerous checks on both phones and what does sprint do? nothing... THANK YOU i really hope you guys have better luck than us... I am also shopping around.. turns out other companies are actually interested in having several customers, giving great customer service and actually helping out when it is needed

Journeyman

Could have fooled me, time to go to the ftc and bbb

Master

Actually for the 2nd time in a row Sprint ranked 1st in customer satisfaction by JD Power & Associates: http://businesscenter.jdpower.com/news/pressrelease.aspx?ID=2012015

"For a second consecutive time, Sprint ranks highest in customer satisfaction among major full-service wireless carriers. Sprint achieves a score of 748 and performs well in the offerings and promotions and cost of service factors. Verizon Wireless (746) follows Sprint in the full-service carrier rankings."

Boost Mobile (owned by Sprint and on the Sprint network) ranked first among prepaid phone services:

"Boost Mobile ranks highest for a second consecutive time in overall purchase experience satisfaction among non-contract service carriers."

-John

Journeyman

I understand where you are coming from but at this point and time this situation has escalated way beyond what it should have been.  I should not have to go to a third location to get what was promised to me days ago.  At this point getting a replacement phone is not acceptable.  I have wasted time and gas and have been humiliated all due to Sprint's horrible customer service.  I should be compensated for everything that we have been subjected to due to poor customer service.  In a highly competitive market service is what separates you from your competitors and now I know why Sprint is dead last and I do not see them getting any better.  By being a corporate owned store and to have their associates treat customers like that is reprehensible and should embarrass corporate, but from all the people I have spoke to who are supervisors they seem to be ok with it.

Wizard

I understand your frustration. How you could be referred to two different non-repair center Sprint stores in two unrelated instances is beyond me. The reason no one has been able to help you is that only a repair center can determine if a device is truly malfunctioning, and we are limited in the troubleshooting that can be done by phone. The sales reps in our stores don't have the training or equipment to properly diagnose a device. It sounds like taking the phone to a repair center is still your best option. I still can't get past the fact that the first store to which you took the device was not able to direct you to a repair center. The person in the store to whom spoke should have cleared up the entire situation in one breath, "I'm sorry, we don't have technicians at this location. The nearest repair center is located at X." I can't apologize enough for how your experience has played out, or even wrap my brain around how this could have happened to you. Once you get that device to a repair center, I'm sure you will be taken care of.

-Donnie