cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued

Master

Please read this important message about picture mail storage decommissioning and what you will need to do to save pictures before the deadline.

27 REPLIES
Journeyman

Is there any reason in particular its being discontinued?? I really love the website it makes it so much easier for me to manage my albums than any other carrier

Wizard

Im going to miss picture mail online storage so the question is why let picture mail online storange to be disconitied and a lot of pepole like this feature we will miss it.

Wizard

I am sure going to miss the picture mail. mapesy do you know how it going to work now when we send picture as MMS to an email address since with picture mail they recived an email that was link to the picture mail website. Would it now be send as an attachment?

Master

Yes, that’s absolutely how it will be sent – as an attachment without the reference to Picture Mail.

Master

I talked to the product manager about why is Sprint making these changes. Here is what she said.

Sprint strives to offer the things that matter most to our customers while still meeting shareholder expectations in an increasingly competitive market.  The overwhelming majority of customers devices have a ‘gallery’ where customers can share images by phone and email and post to other social media sites.  With the numerous 3rd party photo storage/social sites available (Photobucket, Snapfish, Flickr, Facebook, etc), customers will still have options to store their memories online.

Thanks for the feedback,

mapesy

Journeyman

Well this just sucks.  I kept getting a casual data fee charge for literally no explainable reason from sprint for about a year. I had to call up each month to get it removed..they eventually acknolwedged the issue and said if i put a data block on my phone they would remove the casual data fee for my account permenantly so i wouldnt have to call in each month..only downside was that i couldnt get pictures on my phone even though i have a picture message plan.  So the only way i can get and send pictures from my phone number is through this website, and now sprint is doing away with it....I'm thinking sprint is about to lose a customer. 

Journeyman

Just another reason as to why I am dropping my contract in 10 months.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I totally concur.  If they advertise that they offer picture mail, but can't provide it in a free manner (i.e. unexplainable data charges) then they should  give those who block data a reduction in their monthly fee because the whole product is not available as advertised.

Wizard

So Mapesy what is going to take the place of picture mail online storage is Sprint going add something new to take the place of this?

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.