cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued

mapesy - ok, I don't think I am stupid but I have "tried" to click and drag the albums to the download PC (the only one I see is under the Share with friends) - nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Wizard

mrcminnesota,

It sounds like you're doing it right. I just tested on an album of my own to verify it's working properly at the moment. It may be a browser issue. You could try updating your browser or using a different browser. As a workaround you can save images by right-clicking on them and selecting "Save Picture As..." I hope this helps!

-Donnie

DONALIEN - thanks, I guess I thought IE 9 was pretty standard. I did use Firefox and was able to move the albums. Again thanks for the suggestion.

Journeyman

Re: On 4/30/12, Picture Mail Online Storage will be Discontinued

I just communicated with a chat rep and this is what I was told:

Customer: Ok. And there is no alternative to the Picture Mail website that is being discontinued?  
Alan O.: Please do not worry about it, you can access all your Picture mail for your account, however you'll just not able to share them online.
Alan O.: Is that ok with you?  
Customer: I don't understand  
Alan O.: Right now you can access your Picture mail account and also share the Pictures from you Picture mail account, right?  
Customer: Ok  
Alan O.: After this change only you'll not be able to share the Pictures from you Picture mail account  
Alan O.: Only this change is going to happen on the Picture mail account
Alan O.: Is that ok with you?  
Customer: But if the entire website is going to be discontinued, how would I still have access to it?  
Customer: The entire picture mail website  
Alan O.: No, please be assured the picture mail website is not going to discontinue.  
Customer: Nothing states just sharing functionality is going to be removed, but th entire webstie  
Customer: "This website will be discontinued on 4/30/2012"  
Customer: verbatum  
Alan O.: Only some function, like share the pictures online from your online acocunt.  
Alan O.: *account.

Obviously this rep has no clue what he is talking about since Sprint states "You will not lose your ability to take, receive or share pictures and videos. You will lose your ability to store and manage them online.".  Get your act together!  I hope there aren't many people that get misguided like this rep who can not clearly communicate the impact of the picture mail site going away.

Highlighted
Master

I sent your experience on to the product manager of picturemail to let her know the situation.  Here is what she wrote.

terk85,

I deeply apologize for the incorrect information you received during your online chat with our CARE organization.

We make every effort to ensure our advocates have all the information they need to provide you, our customer with accurate, timely responses and in this case, we did not.  Let me try to clear up any misunderstanding. 

First, the Picture Mail online website (www.sprint.com/picturemail) will be discontinued as of 4/30/12.  All access and existing functionality on the website will cease after that date. 

What doesn’t change? ---- your ability to send, receive, forward photos, videos or audio to friends and family by MMS or email.  You can post directly to 3rd party sites like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter from their applications.  

What action do you need to take? – access the website and download to pc or upload to a 3rd party site of your choice any media you wish to retain.  After 4/30/12 each individual online account and its contents deleted.  Again, my apologies for the inaccurate information you previously received. 

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.  We are already at work ensuring the “right” information is disseminated to all our front lines. 

--Ginger

Journeyman

Thanks for the quick response and clarification on the issue.  I hope this helps out others.

Journeyman

Just saw this announcement and started to d-load /save my photos. One thing I notice though is that when one tries to save mulitple images they are very small. as opposed to saving the individual photo which is larger when viewed by itself. The smaller size is pretty useless for anything! Also the drag and drop option is not working. So I sit every night do a 30-40 photos one at a time to keep a decent quality image downloading.

Since this program is going down the tubes I will release myself from Sprint (Been with them over 14 yrs and now on month to month,  thank god!) and head on over to Straight Talk no contract service at half the price with no limits, no clandestine taxes  and still uses the Sprint network !

Journeyman

Okay. It's saying we can still send pictures and whatnot, but what about the few of us with no data plan? How do I access picture mail and messages if I can't get it on my phone? Anyone know how to do that? I feel like they took the ability from those of us that can't afford a data plan. I won't ever be able to recieve picture mail or MMS messages....

Journeyman

I absolutely agree. I depended on the online picture mail that is being discontinued in April. It's one of the services that kept me around for about 4 years. I will be moving on to some other company as soon as my contract is up.

Master

If you can get picture mail on your phone and text messages today you will be able to get them once the online storage ends.  There are many people who only have casual picture mail usageand do not get online storage but are still able to send and receive picture mail on a picture mail capable device.  The smart phones do not use picture mail but MMS which is a different system which does not use the  picture mail  site to operate.    Picture mails will still be able to sent and received on the phone.  To store it off the device  it will either have to be transferred to a computer  via usb or sent to an email account.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.