cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q: Swapping phone numbers on phones

SOLVED
Journeyman

Later this month I will be buying a new phone. I need to know if I can swap the numbers from the new phone to the older one (both phones will remain active on my account).

Example:

Phone 1 has phone number 123

Phone 2 has phone number 321

Can I swap the numbers so that Phone 1 has 321 and Phone 2 has 123?

If so how will I go about doing this? Can it be done from my account page or do I need to contact Sprint?

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Q: Swapping phone numbers on phones

You can't swap the numbers, but you can swap the phones.  Go to a suitable Sprint store and have a Rep to swap the phones then you are good to go.  You may need to adjust the plans, if both phones are on different plans. 

Master

Just call and we do a flip-flop in the billing system.  Most times if the devices are Android, Blackberry or Windows phones we need to do a wipe and erase all info the phone to ensure all of your data applications work after the swap.  And EpicThunder is correct about the plans etc   .. 

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

They will both be Android phones. I currently have an Evo 4g, will be buying the Evo 3D. The wife is dropping her old carrier and getting on my plan, inheriting the Evo 4g, and I am moving to the 3D.

So to be clear after I purchase the new phone, all that is necessary is to give a Sprint Rep a call, have them swap the lines in the billing system, and I'll be good to go?

Master

You are correct that is all you have to do

Wizard

Re: Q: Swapping phone numbers on phones

I think it would be better to do it at a Sprint store, because they want the info on the phone, unless it can be done over the phone.  When I had mine swapped, the guy took out batteries in both phones and got the info stuff to switch.

Wizard

EpicThunder - many stores don't know how to do a flip-flop, they will end up calling in to Care and doing it over the phone anyway. Care has access to all of the serial numbers from both phones in their system.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.