cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refusal to unlock iphone 4S!

Journeyman

Refusal to unlock iphone 4S!

So I purchased an iphone4S from sprint last May and I was told I could unlock my phone for international travel if I was a customer in good standing for 3 months. I have been paying my bills on time for the last 10 months and will be going out of the country for a month in march this year. Sprint customer care refused to unlock the phone stating that I have a "spend credit limit" and it takes 18 months for it be removed and only then can they unlock.

1. If that's their policy then fine but the sales person in the store should have told me this as I knew I would be travelling and asked him this specifically.

2. Isn't there a way to just unlock the phone only for international sim cards as they don't need to worry about me using some other carrier once I am back.

Also, A senior supervisor tells me on the phone go find the shop you got it from and talk to the sales guy who sold you the phone, Like I have no better thing to do. I cant believe I should do all this work for their incompetence in passing out the right information to customers while purchasing.

Really dissappointed with Sprint now. Definitely going to change carriers as soon as my contract expires.

9 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Refusal to unlock iphone 4S!

deaman1989,

I apologize for the experience you had with this purchase and misinformation provided by the sales agent.  Unfortunately this is accurate in order to have an international capable phone unlocked for international use it must be active on the account for a minimum of 90 days with good payment history.  Additionally Account Spending Limit (ASL) accounts are not authorized for phone unlocking due to this program and must pass minimum requirements of 18 months of services with 12 months on-time payments to have this program removed.  At this time we do not have the ability to bypass this policy and/or unlocking your device international usage.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Journeyman

Even i am facing the same issue, This month i am going back to my country and i have clear all the payments with sprint now they are not unlocking my iPhone4S for internatonal use. Dont know what to do..I am not convinced with David's words...

Thanks

Ramakrishna.M

Wizard

ramunmalasani,

I apologize if you are not satisfied with the information I provided.  If you wish to confirm any information which is provided here on Community I would recommend teaming up with the online chat team here http://shop2.sprint.com/en/legal/click_to_chat_hours_popup.shtml?INTNAV=MyS:CUSmiley TongueW:CS:ChatAvail during open hours and they can research your account details to see if your account and phone qualify for international usage or you can send me a private message with your account information and I can research your account too.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Journeyman

Hi David,

Thanks for the Quick response, Below are the details. i am fedup of talking to Customer care so as a last hope i am sending these details to you. Please do let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks

Ramakrishna.M

Journeyman

I was told that I cannot have my phone unlocked because I have an employee account.  I only want to use it in another country, not on another carrier in the US.  I have been an account holder for more than 2 years now.  David, can you help?  I am leaving the country in 2 days.

Thanks,

A. Cheung

iphone 4s

Wizard

ramumalasani,

I would highly recommend editing or remove your post completely you have publicly placed your private information here on Sprint's Community page.  Please send me a private message with this information instead.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Wizard

8968ada,

Thank you for contacting us about your concern.  To clarify are you moving your residence internationally or only visiting an international location?  Are you an employee of Sprint or indirect company for Sprint?

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Journeyman

I am only vacationing.  I will return on the 26th of March.  My brother is an employee of Sprint Corporate. 

Journeyman

David - I have sent my A/C details to your mail..

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.