cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report that your device is lost or stolen

8 REPLIES
Master

Re: Report that your device is lost or stolen

I agree, I too believe Sprint should make it possible to track a lost or stolen phone even if you don't carry insurance. The sad part about is, Asurion is the Insurance provider all major carriers use. The price they make us pay for the deductible is ridicules compared to the cost of the phones, If car/house insurance deductibles were comparable to what they charge we would have to pay thousands for the deductible when filing a claim. I think all insurance company's are thieves, But that is just my opinion.

Journeyman

If it's 3 per 12 months, then I was informed incorrectly. I see your points, and you make some valid ones. I guess we'll just suffice to say I disagree with Sprints stand on tracking phones and the value of the insurance they offer. I believe both could use some work.

Master

Sprint does not/will not track lost/stolen phones. Period. That is why they told you they don't, But if you had insurance, Asurion could(maybe), They(Asurion) told me they will not track a stolen phone, Just a lost one.

A maximum of (3) replacements or repairs of covered property will be allowed per Insurance Subscriber in any one twelve (12) month period. The twelve month period is calculated based on the date of replacementfor each covered loss.

http://www.phoneclaim.com/doc_list/doc_view/892-sprint-04-15?tmpl=component&format=raw

It's out of Sprint's hands, You need to deal with Asurion since they are the one you have the insurance coverage through. http://www.phoneclaim.com/sprint

I don't keep insurance past the 1yr mark as it is better to just purchase a new phone then it is to pay ($84+ ins + $100 deductable) for a refurb.

Journeyman

Well  Levi4u...

Have you ever needed your insurance? I did. After paying for it for all for 4 lines, $28 per month for over 3 years (over $1008 total), I finally needed it. My sons phone broke. It wasn't a very expensive phone, but I had to pay a $50 "co-pay" and wait a few weeks for the repair. A few months later he lost the replacement phone, and another $50 co-pay later I get a replacement. Guess what happens now... Now I cannot file a claim within a certain amount of time. Only 2 claims per 12 months is what I am told. So why carry insurance if it cannot be used.

Now he has a phone stolen from a locker room while playing HS football. A locker room with no lockers to be exact. I call to ask if Sprint could locate the phone for me and am quckly told NO, not without insurance. Bottom line is, they could locate it, but choose not to, because they are not out anything and to them it means another phone sold.

I understand it is my resposibility to choose the insurance or not, and due to the above issues, it would be idiotic to do so.

Good luck to you if you ever actually need the insurance.

Master

Overpriced? $7, Under supported? It covers everything. Of course if you opt out they will not do anything, What would you expect them to do? If you don't insure you car or home and have a loss it is no ones fault but yours for not protecting/covering yourself by purchasing insurance.

Journeyman

And if you don't have the overpriced and under supported insurance, you ARE on your own, they couldn't care less.

Master

If your device is lost or stolen, contact us immediately at 1-888-211-4727 to suspend your service.

If  you have Total Equipment Protection or if you are part of the Equipment  Replacement Program, file a claim and check its status online at www.phoneclaim.com/sprint.  There is a non-refundable deductible for each approved claim,  determined by the model of your device. You can also call Asurion  Customer Care at 1-800-584-3666 to file a replacement request or to  check on your claim or shipping status.

If you do not have either program, you are responsible for replacing your lost or stolen device.

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Report_that_your_device_is_lost_or_stolen/case-ba416758-20090629-143222#__highlight&id16=+Report+that+your+device+is+lost+or+stolen

Master

Call Sprint ASAP to suspend the service, Any calls/charges the thief racks up you could be held liable for. Do you have Insurance on it? If you do you can file a claim here; http://www.phoneclaim.com/sprint There will be a $50 or $100 deductable depending on what phone it was.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Report that your device is lost or stolen

what do i need to do for stolen phone