cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Fee

29 REPLIES
Journeyman

Upgrade Fee

LMAO you crack me up unlimited unlimited data, what a ripoff, let's all go to Verizon.

Journeyman

Upgrade Fee

I agree. You stay with any company because its best for you based on what you can afford and what you need. You're loyalty is not to Sprint, its to yourself. No one ever calls the electric company or the water company and ask what they can get for being a loyal customer.

Wizard

Upgrade Fee

SA_darklighter434 wrote:

MRSJONES0123,

Sorry to pick on you, but a point has to be made. Post after post I see people saying that they have been loyal customers for x amount of years and "how can Sprint do this to me, I have been loyal to them and I deserve this and that for being loyal". The fact is that a customer stays with ANY company because it is in THEIR best interest not the company's. Your words quote:"we stay with Sprint because of fare rates and good service". It's time to be a little more honest people, not saying just you MRSJONES0123.

While I absolutely do not disagree with anything you said, it should also be noted that a COMPANY stays with a customer because it is also in its best interest, not the customer's.  A company puts out a product and price it at a point where people will buy it.  A customer is looking for a product and finds a company that offers that product at the price they are willing to pay.  If you don't pay your bill, they will cut your service.  If you pull down too much roaming data, they will cut your service.  If your credit blows, they won't even take your money in the first place.  In fact, if you call to complain too much about various stuff, Sprint has been known to cancel your service just to get rid of you.  NEITHER one is doing the other any favors... just transacting business.

It helps not to take Sprint's actions personally (as hard as that is sometimes).  But it also helps to remember that it's not a good idea to fall in love with a company or start personifying your feelings for them either.

Wizard

Re: Upgrade Fee

MRSJONES0123,

Sorry to pick on you, but a point has to be made. Post after post I see people saying that they have been loyal customers for x amount of years and "how can Sprint do this to me, I have been loyal to them and I deserve this and that for being loyal". The fact is that a customer stays with ANY company because it is in THEIR best interest not the company's. Your words quote:"we stay with Sprint because of fare rates and good service". It's time to be a little more honest people, not saying just you MRSJONES0123.

Wizard

Upgrade Fee

MRSJONES0123 wrote:

We have been loyal Sprint customers since 1996 or so and this fee should not have extended to people like us. I am insulted that your solution is the "buyback program." It only gives us a $10.00 credit toward a $72.00 charge.

Also, to those who keep comparing fees to other networks; we stay with Sprint because of fare rates and good service. The price of another company, that I do not deal with nor want to deal with, is irrevlevant.

ATT's upgrade fee is much lower than Sprint's is now.  Plus they will occasionally waive or reduce it depending on the customer.

Journeyman

Upgrade Fee

We have been loyal Sprint customers since 1996 or so and this fee should not have extended to people like us. I am insulted that your solution is the "buyback program." It only gives us a $10.00 credit toward a $72.00 charge.

Also, to those who keep comparing fees to other networks; we stay with Sprint because of fare rates and good service. The price of another company, that I do not deal with nor want to deal with, is irrevlevant.

Journeyman

Upgrade Fee

Ive been pretty positive about everything on this forum but this and the removal of bill to account was the biggest shock for me (device and possibly accessory BTA removal) Its not necessarily the fact that there is an upgrade fee but the amount of it kinda took me by surprise.

Journeyman

Upgrade Fee

i don't understand why people are so upset about this. granted i wish they hadn't reinstated the activaton fees too but at the same time it's not like sprint is the only cell carrier to have it. plus they need to help the bottom line so they can actually build some more towers. no new towers to add coverage without money coming in. i'd take sprint any day over verizon too, those evil bastards have screwd me over too many times so i cringe at the thought of ever having any service through verizon again. they were charging us almost 20 dollars a month just in taxes and fees when we had a landline through them and they weren't keeping up the lines because we could hear our neighbors conversations when we were on the phone to someone else!! plus also if you consider that sprint deducts at least $150(or more) per upgraded phone as well, what's the big deal about the activation fee? everyone would be more irritated if we had to pay full price for all of the fancy phones we are all addicted to!!!!

Upgrade Fee

Credit Union members do have a waived upgrade fee. However, it is systematic. The discount must be attached to the account BEFORE the upgrade is done for it to be correctly processed. There is no being charged the fee then credited back. It simply wouldn't be charged in the first place. If they did the upgrade, then added the discount, you should not be eligible for the waived fee as it does not work that way, the store would need to manually credit that back to you and take the hit for the incorrect process, not Customer Care. Being denied the waived fee in this instance is the correct policy and way the system is designed to work, as is being directed back to the point of sale to have it taken care of. The waived upgrade fee is part of the employer discount that gets attached to the account, and is designed to work automatically if the discount is setup and attached.

Wizard

Upgrade Fee

That would be true. If you got the device at a store and they said they would waive the fee, then the store would have to do that for you. Other that that, the activation fee's do not get refunded.

SprintAT&TVerizonT-Mobile
Length14 days30 days - most phones;14 days - tablets, ATRIX 4G14 days20 days
30 days in
California
MRCs and
usage charges
Customer is responsible for all charges incurred while the device is active.Customer is responsible for all charges incurred while the device is active.Customer is responsible for all charges incured while the device is active.Customer is responsible for all charges incured while the device is active.
Activation FeeWaived if cancelled within three days of activationWaived if cancelled within three days of activationWaived if cancelled within three days of activationCustomer is responsible for activation fee.
Restocking Fee$35 for all devices (except for upgrades going back to previously owned and activated device). See above.$35 - phones, netbooks/notebooks
10 percent - applies to all iPhone, iPad, tablet purchases
$35 - phones
$70 - netbooks and tablets
$25 - basic phones
$50 - smartphones
$75 - notebooks and tablets
Early Termination FeeETF is waived if device is returned within 14 days.ETF is waived if device is returned within 30 days (14 for tablets).ETF is waived if device is returned within 14 daysETF is waived if device is returned within 20-/30-day return period