cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade phone to Galaxy Note II

20 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Upgrade phone to Galaxy Note II

I am also eligable for an upgrade for about 8 months now.  I dont understand how sprint offers better incentives to new customers and higher prices to existing.  On top of that they add the upgrade fee!  Unless sprint offers me additonal incentives I will be going to a new provider....after being a customer for over 10 years.

Journeyman

I am also eligable for an upgrade for about 8 months now.  I dont understand how sprint offers better incentives to new customers and higher prices to existing.  On top of that they add the upgrade fee!  Unless sprint offers me additonal incentives I will be going to a new provider....after being a customer for over 10 years.

Journeyman

Journeyman

It will get you about $5 back.  Amazon wireless is $149 for new customers and $199 for upgrade right now!

Journeyman

I bought mine on 12/18 from Amazon Wireless for $199 and it arrived on 12/20. I live in Torrance, CA.

Journeyman

Deal Alert!

As of 12/16/12, Amazon Wireless has dropped their price for the Galaxy Note II on Sprint to $199.99 for upgrades.  Try to ignore that they also lowered the price for new customers to $99.99 which is the best price I have seen anywhere by far.  So it is now only a $100 insult to exisitng customers, not the $130 insult it was before.

I felt the deal was good enough and ordered my upgrade.  The listing said "Backordered. Usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks" but after placing the order, the estimated ship date came up 1/26/13, which is more like about 5-6 weeks!  I hope they are just covering their butts and it will arrive much sooner.  Since I saw the phone appearing as "In Stock" a few days ago, I am cautiously optomistic.  My old Motorola Photon 4G still works fine, it just is going to be on Gingerbread forever since Motorola had lied about their Ice Cream Sandwich for the Photon 4G, it also doesn't support LTE.

Who knows, maybe the LTE rollout for Sprint in Los Angeles will complete by the time the phone actually arrives.  I have heard of little pockets of LTE here and there in LA already, but it is hit and miss.

Update on 12/17/12: I sent an inquiry to Amazon Wireless regarding the 1-2 weeks vs 5-6 weeks and was given this reply:

--------------------------------------

Hello Julian,

Thanks  for writing to us about your recent order. I've done some research and can confirm the original 1-2 weeks you saw when placing the order is the correct time-frame for your order.

Due to our ever-changing stock of phones and our push to deliver our orders as quickly as possible, when our phones are back-ordered we put a date 6-8 weeks out for the delivery estimate since we do not know the exact delivery dates at the time your order is placed.

--------------------------------------

In other words, they are covering their butts!

Update on 12/18/12: I got an e-mail this evening that the phone has shipped!  So it ended up shipping in two days instead of 6 weeks! If only the Sprint LTE rollout was this fast...

Journeyman

...and to be honest, I would probably actually eat the $300 if they were only willing to refund or credit my bill for the $36 upgrade fee recently implemented, but evidently this is too much to ask regardless of how many years one has been a customer and even though it would earn them 2 more years of business and the approximate $350 purchase of new equipment (after tax). I mean, after tax and with the upgrade fee, it is getting closer to $400 for the note II even with a new 2 yr agreement... and that is approaching outrageous.

Journeyman

I feel your pain, I have been eligible for an upgrade for a month or so myself and have considered it but what is almost as frustrating as seeing the way Sprint charges the highest price to long time/loyal customers is finding out that they are also rewarding us for signing a new 2 yr agreement with a new $36 charge for renewing our contract and remaining customers! This is their way to "entice" loyal sprint customers to stay and sign new contracts? I was wanting to renew my agreement and upgrade to the Note II as well but when I look online and see drastically lower prices offered to new customers for the same phone we have to pay $299 for, and then am surprised with a new $36 "upgrade" fee that we find is basically a price increase to stay with Sprint that we now have the pleasure of paying every two years when we upgrade phones and renew contract, then all it makes me want to do is shop for another carrier...

Wizard

ngssec

I've sent you a private message. Please review.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I believe you are right in terms of new technology....I watched the 121212 concert last night and noticed that the people manning the phones were using Notes! 

I appreciate all of your advice, and I will post when I find a good deal!