cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesnt sprint offer an Upgrade phone discount

Journeyman

Ok, I have been with Sprint for a little over 2 years. Why doesn't sprint offer an Upgrade phone discount?

They act like they do but they don't unless I don't understand it. They show the discount but the bottom line is the same for a new customer. Why?

It shows I have a 150.00 Upgrade phone discount  but Why does it show the same price for new customers?

Every phone has a "discount" with a 2 year agreement. So why should I stay with sprint if they don't care about existing customers and sign another 2 year agreement for no discount?

Thanks

16 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Why doesnt sprint offer an Upgrade phone discount

Both existing and new customer receive a discount when signing a new contract. The prices for existing and new customers are the same, but they are discounted.

-Donnie

Journeyman

Ok take the Htc Arrive for example:

Full price is 449.99 a new customer gets 250.00 off for a "2 year cotract" Price now is 199.99.

Me: Full price is 449.99 I only get 150.00 off for a "2 year suck you in contract discount" then I get a 100.00 instant discount (lol) Total price for me is 199.99.

You can show the numbers any way you want but where is my 150.000 upgrade phone discount?

It is not there.

Right?

Wizard

New customers get the same discount, $150 off plus a mail-in or instant rebate depending on the current promotion. I think the way it's worded is just confusing.

-Donnie

Journeyman

Exactly,

It's a play on words and Sprint wants existing customers think they are getting something different and in fact it is no different than a new customer.

Its Sprints way to suck you into another 2 year contract with no discount or reward to existing customers.

Later

Michael

Wizard

It's not a play on words at all. If anything it would seem the way it's worded makes new customers think they're getting more off the price, not the other way around, but this is not our intention. As far as I know, all the major cell phone carriers do their upgrade/new pricing this way.

-Donnie

Journeyman

dude if your getting a phone for the same price as a new customer whats the big deal. if the phones 449 and your getting it for 199 live with it. it is discounted

Journeyman

Well when you sign into your account and you see a notice (not sure of the exact wording) but it said for being a valued customer "you qualified" for a 150.00 phone upgrade discount.

That is BS, thats all i'm saying. There is NO 150.00 phone upgrade discount. It is the exact price for existing customers and new ones.

The only reason Sprint says that is because you are out of contract and they want to suck you into another contract.

If that was not the reason Where is my discount it says I am getting?

I also wondered what sprint would do if you were still in contract and lost or broke you phone and wanted to buy a replacement. Knowing what I know about the "discount I am getting" they would say I would have to pay full price because they know there is nothing you can do because you are still in a contract.

Journeyman

I'm ticked too because for months, to the right of my bill, I had an icon telling me that as a valued customer, I was eligible for a FREE upgrade as of Oct. 1st. Now I check and I am not eligible for anything. So much for the Silver program or whatever BS it was. I am so done with Sprint and their shitty phones.

Journeyman

Dude for lack of a better term your a idiot. Read the terms its 150 off or the national advertised price. You get that price because your getting it subsidized by signing a contract. It's the same thing with any other contract carrier. So either this is your first phone or your just stupid.

To the other guy who was premier before they changed the premier terms contact Sprint and state this and usally they'll give you one last upgrade under the old terms.