cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong number or Code?

Journeyman

Wrong number or Code?

Hi I am trying to call a friend who is also a Sprint customer. I haven't talked to them in a while and I called today, only to receive a message like "The number or code you have dialed is incorrect." It then repeats in Spanish and says something like "message 7 switch 618"

I have been told conflicting info... as to this may be a tech issue with their phone, to the possibility that the number has been changed/disconnected. Someone suggested they may be blocking calls, or have their number on call forward etc.   Can someone please help?

I know when they have no coverage it says the person is "not available or traveled outside the coverage area".  And if it ws disconnected, I would THINK it would say something like "the number you have dialed is no longer in service".  I really don't know what is up, and I'm trying to figure out. If it is an issue with my friend's phone/service, I would try calling back later/tomorrow. But if the service is disconnected, there's no point in bothering and just waiting till they contact me.

I really hope someone has the answer for me. I've gotten so many conflicting messages.

Message was edited by: Catalina1992

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Wrong number or Code?

That message comes from a telephone network switch.

I get it from time to time.

Try adding a 1+ to their number (1-913-555-1212)

Or, try removing the 1+ from their number.

Try the call at a different time of day.

Try the call from a different location in your home town.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.