cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i buy a phone from ebay and activate with my sprint account

Journeyman

can i buy a phone from ebay and activate with my sprint account

i have the sprint lg slider or whatever the litter gigapet looking thing is and i want to buy a phone from ebay i know it might not be the smartest way but i am tired of the phone and not available for an upgrade for a year. If i got a samsung sph d600 conquer 4g, can i use that instead or be able to activate it?

6 REPLIES

Re: can i buy a phone from ebay and activate with my sprint account

ohiodadjuly23, yes you can activate the phone that you purchase from ebay. You will want to check the esn first before purchase to make sure it is clean. If it is reported lost/stolen or is attached to a suspended account you won't be able to activate it.

Also if it is a smartphone you might have to change your plan and get the required $10.00 Premium Data Fee.

Highlighted
Journeyman

are you buying a used or refurbished phone or new?  New phones are risky enough to buy from sprint or any other company.  I would be VERY VERY VERY careful about what you buy from anyone.  I would be careful of a claim of a warrenty they offer if they even offer one that is.. and look into the warrenty if they offer one.  Remember people are NOT honest by nature, some are some are not and you have to assume your dealing with a person or company who is not until you have dealt with them in the past  and if your dropping alot of money on a phone i would be very very very careful.  search the seller on google dont just trust the remarks left by other customers..could be them making the comments or buddy of theirs..you just dont know. But yes you can put a phone on your plan that you did not buy from sprint.  i gave a phone to a friend who also has sprint and he was able to add the phone to his sprint account.  just be careful with what you buy.

Journeyman

make sure phone is unlocked or your looking at hassels

Master

IF the device is a sprint device it will work on the system it does not have to be unlocked.  the  device serial number has to be in out system for it to work   Which is why it is important to check with us to make sure the esn is clean

Phone that have been rooted or have had work done on them may not program correctly because the device cannot identify it self to the system any longer.

Master

ohiodadjuly23- You can always check the ESN if it's good for Sprint CDMA Re-Activation on this site

Thanks

Abe