Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone/add a line type question

SOLVED
16 REPLIES
Journeyman

if the 25% is for a corporate discount you will be fine. Another line will become the primary and aside from proration everything should be fine. The onky other thing you need to check on his how many lines you are approved for, if its not at least 4 you wont be able to do it eventhough youre cancelling one line and you plan on having just three lines in the end.

Journeyman

i think it would be automatic since ud techniqually be a new customer or if you hhave other lines those two would be new lines

Journeyman

Kind of in the same boat here, but I don't want to risk loosing my 25% discount.  I have 3 lines on a shared  Everytiing Data plan.  Lines 1 & 2 are getting the discount and are the ones I want to use for iPhones.  I'm not eligible for any upgrades, and I don't mind paying the ETF since the net cost to me will be less than buying the phones outright.

At time-zero when I add the 2 new lines for the iPhones, they're not discounted because only the first 2 lines get the discount.  After I cancel lines 1 and 2 above do the iPhones automatically pick up the discount or do I need to do something elese to make this happen?

Journeyman

i spoke with a rep yesterday and they told me it is cheaper to add a line and pay the etf on the line you dont want anymore. its a max of 200 for e.t.f and then your get the phone for the 199, 299 or 399 as oppossed to paying the full price of 699, 799 or 899. so in the end ud pay about 300 dollar less

Journeyman

Thanks OKIESTRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's EXACTLY what I was asking

Journeyman

Definitely silver. I haven't been with them long enough to be a gold member.

Master

Yes - once activated there is a process to change the primary number

Here are the steps - just so you know it is an easy thing for a rep to do.

• In the billing system:
  1. Go to Actions > LTS Activities > Subscriber Ranking.
  2. Click Beginning of Next Bill Cycle button.
  3. Highlight the new primary phone number from the LTS group, and click Move MRC Up or Move MRC Down to reposition the ranking within the LTS group.(MRC Monthly Recurring Charge)
  4. Click OK to save the ranking changes.
  5. Tell customer the MRC changes take effect on the next bill cycle, and they will display on their next bill.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Wizard

Are you sure your account is "silver" and not "gold"? 

MissEricaKane81 wrote:

I kinda thought the $75 was off of retail, but since I've been a "Premier" customer I've upgraded my phone every year (always smartphones) and never paid THAT much for a phone......it's always been about $200 or less......I'm confused......

Journeyman

making a line the primary doesnt give them rights to control the account. The account holder is still in control. Switching could cause confusion when reading the billing but thats it.

Journeyman

I'm aware that I lose the original # (which doesn't bother me) I just want to know if I can make the "new" line the "primary"......does that make sense?

I am on a plan with my mom, but she doesn't know anything about phones or plans or anything LOL....so I just want to keep all of the "control" (I guess that's what I'm trying to say) with MY line.