cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLUTION: Samsung - Rich Communication Suite Tips and Tricks

What is Rich Communications Suite (RCS)

Rich Communications are a set of features that make Text/SMS messages behave and look a bit more like instant message or real time chat.  You can request read confirmations, see when another person is typing, etc.

How do I set up Enhanced Messaging?

Screenshot_20170817-141018.pngIf you have a Samsung S8 or S8+, or Note 8, RCS may be waiting to install on your device.  

You'll be notified that Rich Communications Suite is ready to be installed when you see an icon in the status bar at the top of your phone.  

If you are not notified that RCS is ready to be installed you may be able to trigger the installation by opening your messaging app, clicking on the 3 button menu at the top right corner.  Click Settings: Chat Settings: Toggle Enhanced Features on.

• Click on the notification to accept the installation.  You'll be taken to the setup screen.  Click "Start" to install the features.  
  • When installation is complete, you'll see a confirmation message flicker on the screen and receive a confirmation text.  There is no further action necessary from you.  RCS is installed and ready to be enabled.

How can I tell if Rich Communication Suite is Enabled on my phone?
Screenshot_20170818-092408.png

1. Open the Messages app.
  2. Click on the three dots in the top right corner.
  3. Go to "Settings".
  4. Go to "Chat Settings".
  5. Check the toggle for "Rich Communication settings".

How can I tell if my messages are using RCS features instead of MMS/SMS?

The composition window should say "Enter Chat message" the "send" button should be green when using RCS.  This window will say "Enter Message" and the "send" button would be orange with MMS/SMS.  (similar to the blue/green on iOS for iMessage/SMS)

I installed and enabled RCS. Who do I still see "enter message" and an orange "Send" button when I am messaging certain people?

Both parties must have RCS or Enhanced Messaging capable devices with the feature enabled in order for all the features to work.  If your messages window shows the SMS options ('Enter Message' and an orange "Send" button, it's likely that the other person doesn't have RCS enabled on their phone.

Version history
Revision #:
3 of 3
Last update:
‎11-28-2017 12:56 PM
Updated by:

Contributors
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat