cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 more per phone per month for data plan users?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My son ruined his Samsung in the ocean, so I found a replacement and when I called Sprint to activate it on our plan, I was told that I would begin seeing an additional $10 month charge on my bill.  Some stupid new thing in April that came out says that anyone with a data phone must get charged $10 per phone to cover additional costs!  I have a family plan that was suppose to cover everything at one price for two phones, and $19.99 for additional phones for the kids.  Good thing my contract is up - gonna see what Verizon has to offer.  Sprint customers - beware, cause when you upgrade or get a replacement data phone, they're gonna sock it to ya!

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Most of us are aware of this.

Going to big red is not going to help, you may have to pay more based on your data usage

thumb_550_verizon-data-plans.jpg

Wizard

Thats right no more unlimited data plans for Verizon wish means that u will pay more for data if u go to Verizon data plans so going big red is not going to help u.So i would be happy to pay the $10 fee per month so that i don't have to worry about data caps.

Wizard

Verizon is going to cost u more than Sprint.Plus no more unlimited data plans for Verizon so going big red is not going to help u so Sprint is the better deal that Verizon.

Journeyman

I am coming from Verizon.  Now I didn't realize this $10 a month was a new thing but Verizon charges $29.99 a month for unlimited data.  However, the unlimited data package is not going to be available for new customers. 

Wizard

You will also experience throttling at Big Read and Blue Swirly too.

Journeyman

Data usage for smartphones is drastically increasing, so many carriers are implementing throttles and tiered overages. Instead of doing this, Sprint charges $10 for the "truly unlmited" data expirience. Either way you'll be paying extra, might as well pay $10 and KNOW your data is unlimited ;]

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat