Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 customer service reps admitted iPhone issues with data

Highlighted
Journeyman

2 customer service reps admitted iPhone issues with data

Like the title says, in my most recent conversations with sprint about the horrible data speeds on the iPhone 4s, I've had 2 reps admit that there is an issue with iPhones and sprints network. This of course was explaining that I have filed a complaint with the FCC, and both reps told me the FCC was fully aware of sprints problem with the iPhone. After hearing this I asked if I could exchange my iPhone for another model phone, after the first rep recommended that should be done, both supervisors explained I could either a) upgrade my other line and keep the iphoone or b) sell back my iPhone for $270 and pay full reta for the phone of my choice. What I fail to understand is if sprint is well aware of a major problem with iPhones, why continue to sell a phone that hardly works on their network? Why after being told what I already knew, why am I stuck with a phone that doesn't operate like it should on sprints network. It feels to me as sprint has got my money for the phone, and now has me in contract with no sensible options to fix this issue and doesn't care. If someone has suggestions I'm more than happy to try them. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 2 customer service reps admitted iPhone issues with data

The data issues with the iPhone are so uncommon and rare and easy to fix that it doesn't affect the entire customer base. As far as data speeds go, Sprint IS the cheapest and the only one with unlimited data. You can't expect Sprint to be cheap, unlimited, AND fast. No matter what device you get, your 3G speeds on Sprint will continue to be the same.

Journeyman

I would love to know this simple fix you speak of, and if it's so simple why doesn't anyone at sprint know of this "fix"? Also anyone I know with a sprint iPhone has the same issues.  If the phone would have a download rate of what sprint advertises as good signal 3G I would have no issue. With my original Evo 4g I could download in around 2.2-2.5mbps. Now since switching to iPhone I average .23-.32mbps average. Same area. Same speed test. I understand sprint doesn't claim to have the fastest data speeds, but when features of the phone that rely on data are unusable, what's the point in offering the phone and refusing to fix the issue?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Brett, I feel your pain.  I had an Evo 4g and traded it in for the iphone.  I previously thought that something was wrong with my Evo (reason I traded it), when in fact it was Sprint's network.  I didn't do my research and I ended up with a 3G phone on an awful unreliable network and you have to download via Wifi.  Well I'm not always at home and an open Wifi network is not always available.  How utterly ridiculous. Waiting for a phone to come out in July and I don't care what it costs, I'm terminating with Sprint and the iphone.

BTW to the poster who commented about cheap network and all inclusive plans, well in the end i guess you get what you pay for.  I'd rather pay another 20.00/month for reliability.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat