cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Gmail account in Sprint HTC EVO 4G.

Journeyman

2nd Gmail account in Sprint HTC EVO 4G.

For security purposes, I just started a 2nd gmail account.

I also just added it to my Sprint HTC EVO Android phone.

If I go into:

Menu

Settings

Accounts & sync - which is where I set up the new account,

there is an option for my new gmail account to:

"Sync contacts"

"Sync Gmail"

"Sync Calendar"

For security purposes I want Gmail Account 1  to be completely independent of Gmail Account 2.

i.e., don't want Account #2 - my new account -  to get the Contacts/gmail/calendar from Account #1 - the original gmail account.

I want Account #2 to sync between my phone and the internet - but I want NO interaction with Account #1.

I want them to be completely independent - so that if there was even a keylogger or some type of monitoring of Account #1, they would be unaware that there even is an Account #2.

So in Account #2 on my Evo if I check Sync Contacts/Gmail/Calendar - will it do what I want and remain completely independent of Account #1?

2nd Question:

PS - Just tried testing the 2nd Gmail Account 2 (new one) - it is receiving test emails when I check it on the internet.

But it's not receiving them on my EVO.

So I suppose that's because I haven't checked "Sync Gmail"?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: 2nd Gmail account in Sprint HTC EVO 4G.

Yes, I will try to put a check on sync Gmail and see if that works

Ray

Journeyman

Thanks.

What about my main question of the independence or not of the 2 gmail accounts?

If I understand correctly, the first Gmail account is your primary that you will use to sync your contacts, calendar and mail. The second one is just a back up for security reason. The first one will be the main one and should not have any bearing on the second.

Ray

Journeyman

l want them BOTH to sync with the internet.

I want them BOTH to be INDEPENDENT of each other.

They are both the main one - I'll be using account 2 more.

Please reread my OP - I think the question is stated clearly.

I'm rereading it, and couldn't state my question and concerns with any more clarity.

You also didn't answer my 2nd question yet.

Can someone help with my questions?

Journeyman

"

1. Oct 31, 2012 4:54 PM (in response to Jojo121212)

Yes, I will try to put a check on sync Gmail and see if that works

Ray"

Ray - Are you saying that you will do that and test it?

That's what I thought when I first read your reply - "Yes, I will try to put a check on sync Gmail and see if that works"

But since you haven't posted the results of your test yet,  it makes me wonder if

you were trying to say that I (the OP) should "try to put a check on sync Gmail and see if that works"?

When you post "I will try...", the word "I" is 1st person and refers to you (Ray).

Sprint Employee

Hello Jojo121212, The two separate Gmail accounts are not intertwined, and synchronize independently of each other. I believe Ray may have meant to type I would try, not I will try, as in one would need to have this box checked for it to be enabled. I usually have 3 Gmail accounts setup, they are to not mix in any way.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat