Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G, 4G, and LTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

3G, 4G, and LTE

I pay and have paid for premium data even though it's not available in my area, and I spend 95 plus percent of my time within reach of WiFi (home), or work. Are there any options for people like myself that are basically paying for a service that isn't available but still want to have smart phone capability?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: 3G, 4G, and LTE

That is a great question. Thank you for reaching out to us. The Premium Data charge is not for 4G however, it is for having a smart phone. Smart phones use much more data than feature phones, and in order to compensate for that disparity we charge the Premium Data charge. Unfortunately, as long as you have a smartphone we cannot remove the Premium Data charge.

Thanks,

Ivan

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 3G, 4G, and LTE

I would gladly pay a $20 charge for true premium data that actually performed better than dial-up internet. Juuuust saying.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat