cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE screw up-date

Journeyman

4G LTE screw up-date

Ok....downloaded the new update to "improve" my EVO, and have so many issues now it isn't even funny. 

1.  Proximity sensor is useless.  The second I make a call, go to voice mail, or take a call...the screen goes black and I have to push the power button to get the screen back, which half the time ends the call.

2.  Scrolling wallpaper screens don't work.

3.  "Power Saver" kills my batter 40% faster

4.  Half the widgets I used from the beginning of having the first EVO, like some of the clocks and the 4x1 people widget are gone?!   Why...were they too convenient for screen space in favor of the 4x4 widget that seems to have replaced it?

5.  This was an issue before the update, but ringtones are STILL screwed up even after HTC admitted tey knew about the problem and were "working on it"

And I have tried all the tricks on the forums to clear the cache to get the proximity sensor working to no avail.  Power Saver removal trick doesn't work, and HTC/Sprint seem perfectly content to NOT provide any answers on how to fix things.  Now I have a phone I am paying for service for that doesn't have 100% functionality.  

Here's a clue on how to do business HTC/Sprint....when you force an update down your customers throats, make sure it doesn't break more things than it fixes, and when it does, try to actually HELP people instead of just saying "sorry about your luck.  Try hard rebooting your phone for the 100th time and see if this time it fixes the issue."

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Re: 4G LTE screw up-date

You need to call HTC and raise hell until they escalate it.  I am going to get a new phone out of this... one that has ICS on it... not this bullshit JELLY BEAN.  They took away half the widgets I used as well.  My phone is practically useless... crashes all the time when navigating...  proximity sensor goes haywire... the list is endless.....  FUCK HTC

Journeyman

I'm having the same issues.  Battery life is terrible since the update.  From 7am till 3:30pm my battery went down to 15% and I had not made a single phone call and only had the screen on for a total of 30 minutes during that 8 hour period.  I brought the handset to a sprint store yesterday and all they did was change a few sync settings... excuse me, my phone should function just as well with the settings I had prior to the update.  Before the update, I could go an entire day from 7am till 11pm and the phone be at 45% when putting it back on a charger.  That was with using data, making phone calls and 'normal' use for me.  I could get 20 hours out of a single charge before, now I cant even get 8.  I also cant stand the screen going black with phone calls, my touch screen is not as reactive as it once was... GPS takes FOREVER to load directions... it is just plain terrible now.  My handset is only 3 months old... this is not normal.

Journeyman

Since my FORCED UPDATE a few days ago it has changed everything! My voice mail screen goes black, internet is very slow now, keyboard screen now sucks, everything sucks for the matter of fact!! I hate the entire update!!!

Journeyman

Since my FORCED UPDATE a few days ago it has changed everything! My voice mail screen goes black, internet is very slow now, keyboard screen now sucks, everything sucks for the matter of fact!! I hate the entire update!!!

Journeyman

I can imagine how aggrevated you must be to have these stated issues after an update. Although we work hard with manufacturers to make sure the update is tested before it's pushed to consumers, unexpected issues may still arise. What EVO are you currently operating? EVO 3D, EVO 4G, EVO 4G LTE, EVO Design 4G, EVO Shift 4G, or the EVO Design 4G? I can check known issues to see if we have a workaround.

Thank you,

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

grifter723 wrote:

Ok....downloaded the new update to "improve" my EVO, and have so many issues now it isn't even funny. 

1.  Proximity sensor is useless.  The second I make a call, go to voice mail, or take a call...the screen goes black and I have to push the power button to get the screen back, which half the time ends the call.

2.  Scrolling wallpaper screens don't work.

3.  "Power Saver" kills my batter 40% faster

4.  Half the widgets I used from the beginning of having the first EVO, like some of the clocks and the 4x1 people widget are gone?!   Why...were they too convenient for screen space in favor of the 4x4 widget that seems to have replaced it?

5.  This was an issue before the update, but ringtones are STILL screwed up even after HTC admitted tey knew about the problem and were "working on it"

And I have tried all the tricks on the forums to clear the cache to get the proximity sensor working to no avail.  Power Saver removal trick doesn't work, and HTC/Sprint seem perfectly content to NOT provide any answers on how to fix things.  Now I have a phone I am paying for service for that doesn't have 100% functionality.  

Here's a clue on how to do business HTC/Sprint....when you force an update down your customers throats, make sure it doesn't break more things than it fixes, and when it does, try to actually HELP people instead of just saying "sorry about your luck.  Try hard rebooting your phone for the 100th time and see if this time it fixes the issue."

Journeyman

The model was listed in the title of the post....4G LTE

Highlighted

Here are some steps I found that may help:

1. Open the Notifications panel, and then touch > Apps.
  2. Touch the Downloaded, On phone storage, Running, or All tab, and then touch the application whose cache or data you want to delete.
  3. In the App info screen, touch Clear data or Clear cache.

If that doesn't help, you may need to wipe your phone to get a clean Jelly bean install:

1. Tap Home > Apps icon (located in Favorites tray) > Settings.
  2. Scroll up and tap Storage.
  3. Scroll up and tap Factory Data Reset
  4. Tap Erase all Data.
    • The phone will power down and reset itself, then turn back on automatically.
  5. On the Welcome screen, tap Start. 
    • On Hands Free Activation screen, the phone will contact the network and automatically provision/activate. 
  6. When Congratulations! Device has been activated appears, tap OK.
    • On Checking for PRL update screen, the phone will check for and update the PRL. 
  7. On The PRL has been upgraded screen, tap OK.

Thank you,

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

grifter723 wrote:

The model was listed in the title of the post....4G LTE

Journeyman

On the very plausible chance I have to do a hard reset on my phone, is there a way to backup all my contacts, pictures, and apps I have downloaded so that I don't have to make a list and re-download every single one of them and loose the information I already have stored in them?  Getting tired of having to re-download so many apps every time something goes wrong.   We shouldn't have so many problems with a phone that hasn't been out for that long.

With android, if you have your contacts and apps synced with your gmail account, it's backed up automatically. If you use a microSD card, your pictures can be stored on there as well. If this isn't the case, back up your contacts by doing the following:

1. Select Home > People.
    2. Select Menu > Import/Export > Export to SD card.
    3. When asked to confirm, select OK.

Thank you,

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

grifter723 wrote:

On the very plausible chance I have to do a hard reset on my phone, is there a way to backup all my contacts, pictures, and apps I have downloaded so that I don't have to make a list and re-download every single one of them and loose the information I already have stored in them?  Getting tired of having to re-download so many apps every time something goes wrong.   We shouldn't have so many problems with a phone that hasn't been out for that long.

Journeyman

Ok, got the contacts backed up.   Hopefully my apps will backup correctly as well.   Last time I had to do something like this, half my apps had to be re-downloaded even WITH my gmail account.

Now, as far as the pictures go, there are a lot on my phone now that I can't get off because the phone won't let me change the storage location from phone to SD card.   What can I do about that?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat