cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE screw up-date

GrandMaster

Re: 4G LTE screw up-date

you will lose all of your app information and have to re download them again. there have been a few that have reported backing up their apps but never really did say using what and if it actually kept the saved information..as for the pics stored to your phone plug it into a computer and transfer them. worst case scenario send them to yourself in a email

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

If you haven't performed the Hard Reset yet, try doing a full cache wipe first.

Wipe Cache - Restart phone, soon as the screen goes black, press and Hold the Volume Down button. Phone will boot to recovery mode with a white screen with 3 android icons at the bottom. Navigate the menu using the volume buttons to the Recovery Option, select with the power button. Phone will restart again and goto a black screen with a red exclamation. Press Power and Volume Up at the same time. Navigate to Wipe Cache Partition and select. When complete navigate to Reboot System now and select. Phone will restart as normal.

If that doesn't help, then I would proceed with the Hard Reset.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

All Apps will be removed as well as App Data. However, when you start the setup process after the Hard Reset and enter your Google Acct. It will start the download process of all your previous Apps automatically. To backup your App Data, you would need something like MyBackup Pro or Titanium Backup.

As far as pictures and videos go, I would download the app Es File Explorer and browse the following locations,

• /sdcard/DCIM/100Media
  • /sdcard/DCIM/Camera
  • /sdcard/Download
  • /sdcard/Downloads
  • /sdcard/Movies
  • /sdcard/Music
  • /sdcard/Notifications
  • /sdcard/Pictures
  • /sdcard/Ringtones

Any folders above that you want to keep th econtents of, simply copy the entire folder to the following location,

• /sdcard/ext_sd

If folders already exist, they will simply be merged.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

titanium looks like its only for rooted devices..at least thats all that im seeing..which do you use? i might look into the mybackup pro one though..if it actually saves all your saved app info/data then its WELL worth the $4 lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

my backup pro says

NOTE: Data/Setting of applications can only be supported if you have a rooted phone, or if the application intergrates with us... pretty sure i would be ticked off if it only worked with half my apps...with my odds it would be the ones that i rarely use lol

Journeyman

The problem with the photos though is that when I plug it into my computer, it doesn't find them in the usual location.   They are stored on the internal memory and can not be pulled off.

Master

Ok, that's weird because I have MyBackup Pro and I back up periodically. May have to try the recover option on some of the data, see what happens.

--

Master

You would need ot move them with Es File Explorer from the internal to the External then plug into your computer.

However, If all you do is plug your phone into the computer, don't touch anythin on the phone itself, you should see it show up under "My Computer" on the PC as "EVO". Opening that folder location will show both Internal and External locations.

At least it does on mine as long as I don't switch it to Mount as Hard Drive.

--

Journeyman

After spending a second day in a row at the Sprint store... I would suggest that no one waste their time doing a hard reset.  It's aggravation that won’t solve anything.  The problem is the ANDROID IOS.  HTC should be ashamed of themselves for this.  This is my 4th HTC Android and I've never experienced such garbage in all that time.  Not only is the proximity sensors completely off... but I've now had issues where my phone locks up and when I press the top power button, as soon as I touch the screen, the screen goes black again... the only way to 'fix' this is to restart the phone.  My battery life is just as poor as before the restart and according to the power management its all the Android OS sucking the life out of my battery.  I have plenty of screen shots to show what is happening.  HTC and Sprint need to fix this NOW!  Otherwise, I'll be sending my own bill to Sprint for the 4 hours I've lost this week sitting in their store only to not have my issue resolved.  The tech at the store even told me his HTC LTE is functioning the same way mine is.  This is completely unacceptable.  "ayo_tech", while your trying to help, your just wasting time with Cache clears and restarts.  This does not even put a band aid on the issue.  I was very patient with sprint throught he LTE update in the Chicago land area... only for 3 months later to have a useless phone.  You dropped the price on the phone by $100 recently and now this... I guess the writing is on the wall you plan to phase out the phone so support will drop off soon.  I've been a customer for over 12 years and this is enough to cause me to move to another carrier.  I've been loyal through lots of tribulations.. but either you start offering new handsets to fix this problem or HTC provides a proper fix.  Either way, I dont have the patience to "wait" through this... unless you plan on offering free service till my phone works properly.

GrandMaster

i have a LOT of apps on my current phone...so im wondering which apps it will actually back up and which ones it wont..if its rare that it cant back up a app then i'll probably get it..if it runs into alot of apps it cant back up then i'll probably pass on it..i got to the point of REALLY hating starting over on games lol...

smotrs wrote:

Ok, that's weird because I have MyBackup Pro and I back up periodically. May have to try the recover option on some of the data, see what happens.

Master

heh, I hear ya there. 

--

Journeyman

I'm sorry but nobody forced you do update. This was a client-initiated update which means that you yourself checked for and downloaded said update. However, I am sorry for you troubles with this update, not every update is flawless that is for sure.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat