cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&T phone on sprint?

9 REPLIES
Master

AT&T phone on sprint?

BILLANDDEB2006, Call and ask to speak to account services and see if they will offer you to "Buy Up", What they will have you do is pay $5 less your ETF and will allow you to purchase a new phone at new customer pricing. Your ETF is $50, So it would be $45 to buy up, $199 for the iPhone, $36 upgrade fee and you keep your number. They may even be able to waive the $5 per month on the airave if your in a spotty or fring area. Hardley anyone get charged for the airave fees anymore.

Journeyman

Re: AT&T phone on sprint?

Great, thanks.

I have a smartphone now (palm pre). My wife got a LG rumor a couple months ago and that's not considered a smartphone, so we weren't charged the $10 premium data at that time.

I remember the salesman telling me when I upgrade next time ( cause i need to have all the latest toys), I would have to be charged the $10 at that time.

I plan on turining in my airrave when I get the iphone anyway, so it'll only be a net loss of $5 per month for me,lol

Currently on the family unlimited $129 plan

Thanks for the help guys

I forgot to clarify the activation fee is only on new lines and upgrades, but just switching no

Just make sure that the ESN is clean and depending on the Blackberry is considered a smartphone so you would have to pay the $10.00 Premium data fee. It's not a activation fee if you switch devices.

Journeyman

I don't have TEP.

Tom, when I activate another phone, whether it be a pre owned from sprint off the website, or if someone lends me a sprint phone, will I have to pay the $35 activation fee or whatever it is?

I just put out an APB on facebook, and someone can give me their old blackberry

AT&T phone on sprint?

If you have TEP you can get a replacement through Asurion.

Master

AT&T phone on sprint?

Or you could get a refurbished/pre-owned phone now, and wait 2 months to avoid all that.  Just sayin...

Tom

Journeyman

AT&T phone on sprint?

Well Tom, thanks for an answer. Although it kinda pisses me off that I am being held hostage here.

I usually have good luck with sprint in the past with issues I was having. Not this time I guess.

I will be forced to add a line to my family plan for $20 plus the $10, and pay $200 for the iphone, and immediately cancel the line with the broken phone and pay the $100 early cancel fee, and lose my number.

End result, an extra $10 per month, pay $200 for iphone 4s, and throw away $100 to cancel early, and have to let about 400 people know I have a new number.

That blows, but thanks for your clear answer.

Master

AT&T phone on sprint?

Unfortunately, AT&T uses GSM which is not compatible with Sprint's CDMA technology.  Not to mention, Sprint has a "closed" list of ESN's that can be activated to our network.  So even a Verizon or US Cellular phone, which also uses the same CDMA technology, will not activate to our network. 

Have you checked out our "pre-owned" phones on sprint.com?  We have many pre-owned phones available for less than $80.  Just click Shop and Phones at the top of the page, then filter your search on the left by check-marking "pre-owned." 

Good luck,

Tom

Journeyman

AT&T phone on sprint?

So, my Palm Pre dies 2 months before I can upgrade (Ive been waiting patiently for the iphone)

A friend of mine has an old Iphone he could give me to hold me over for a couple months until my upgrade kicks in.

He said it is an AT&T Iphone ( about 2 years old )

Would I be able to activate it on sprint? and do they charge an activation fee?

I'm not worried about the phone being stolen, and I'm sure the esn is fine.

Thanks

Bill