Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate a new phone online without changing my plan

Highlighted
Journeyman

Activate a new phone online without changing my plan

I am trying to activate my new phone but when i go online to do it the ask me to change my plan. I dont want to change my plan. And now i dont have any other phone that i can use to activated and i cound not find the chat icon to speak with a representative. Please help me! how i can active my phone online without changing my plan.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

What new phone do you have and what plan you have?

Highlighted
Master

The problem you are running into is one of the codes that go into the billing system for a particular device.  Take a phone on the 1500 min share plan.  A black berry has one set of codes it needs to operate.  If you change to an EVO 4G it has different codes and the New LTE devices have yet another set of codes. The plan is the same price and the only thing that changes are the operational codes for the device.  In the above example all the phones are of the same class.  You are going to select the plan you are on now.  

If you are changing from a feature phone on a 1500 talk messaging plan to a EVO you would have to change to a data plan because the phone requires one   you would also see a 10 dollar premium data charge added on to the account as well.    

If you are on an old legacy plan you may be required to change plans at this time. Once you change for a plan no longer offered you can not change back to it.

If you have further concerns contact customer care at 888-211-4727 and we will assist you

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too tried to change phones online (from Blackberry to EVO 4G), can't be dont.

Had to call it in. Not a big deal.

Highlighted
Wizard

Yeah it never matters what devices you have, it always tries to change plans if you do it online.  We always and I mean always do swaps on the phone with a business care rep. 

Cheers,

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat