cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for my situation...

Highlighted
Patron

Advice for my situation...

I have been a loyal Sprint customer since AT&T decided to screw me for a 600 dollar phone bill in 2006. During this time I've enjoyed every phone I've had and the service I was provided. In February 2010, I made the worst mistake of my life. I purchased a Samsung Moment for 179 dollars. Since that day all I have had is issue after issue. Currently bluetooth, gps and wifi no longer work on my phone. My contract ended in Feb 2012 and I'm finally ready to be free of the ill begotten spawn of cell phone satan. I am looking forward to the day I can stand in a Sprint store after purchasing my new phone and break this thing into the miserable pile of excrement it is. Now my problem is, should I wait for new phones to be released or should I go ahead and get an Epic 4g Touch. I really, really, really want a quadcore phone but I'm not sure I can make it to this summer. What should I do? Should I go ahead and take the plunge on the possibility a few months from now it will be obsolete or should I tough it out? The MWC 2012 isn't giving me much hope on anything being released in March. I'm stuck and I'm looking to the wisdom of fellow Sprint users to lead me into the light.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Advice for my situation...

I have an EVO but am in the same decision tree that you are in. People I know have the Galaxy SII Epic Touch and it is an awesome device. I have been reading the reviews of other users and suggest you do the same. I can identify with different points in many of the reviews we have posted.   http://community.sprint.com/baw/reviews.jspa?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Reviews

I also read the reviews on phonescoop.com just because I am familiar with the site and like the way they present the devices for comparison.

Post what you decide and how you like it - remember that the return period is 14 days now.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Thanks for using the forums!    To see the status of upgrades in your area go to https://network.sprint.com/

Journeyman

I bought the epic II 4G touch on 2/14. Had to deactivate service and go back to my old flip phone because I couldn't receive text messages from iphones. It was decided that texting issue wasn't the device, it was sprints network. I reactivated the epic II 4 G touch and now I have a hard time using apps because an error message pops up that says "the application messaging has stopped unexpectedly. please try again."  EVERYTHING on this phone is an application. If your applications aren't working, you can't do anything on this phone....texting is an app on this phone. I got this error message when I tried to use 2 or 3 other apps, so the problem wasn't only with texting.

Journeyman

i have the galaxy 2 s and its amazing would not trade it for anything!!

Wizard

" I purchased a Samsung Moment for 179 dollars. Since that day all I have had is issue after issue. Currently bluetooth, gps and wifi no longer work on my phone. My contract ended in Feb 2012 and I'm finally ready to be free of the ill begotten spawn of cell phone satan. I am looking forward to the day I can stand in a Sprint store after purchasing my new phone and break this thing into the miserable pile of excrement it is. "

lol Wow. "begotten spawn of cell phone satan" lol

I am so much going to borrow that phrase.

My sister had that phone and also hated it.

The Galaxy S II is nice and I am sure you will be happy with it, but as been suggested, read up on it as much as possible both here and in other forums. The more you know the better you will be prepared for any possible shortcoming. Also do note that Sprint releases alot of phones in the May-June-July period and you may find a phone that will be offered at that time, although I do not know if you can wait that long being that your Moment is driving you nuts.

TS

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat