cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave dropping calls

Highlighted

Airave dropping calls

I've had an Airave for a couple of months.  It certainly helps give me more bars to make and receive calls.  However it has one major flaw I've been unable to fix.  I've brought it up with service reps on the phone but they claim they've never heard of it.  About 1/3 of the time, when I place a call, the person on the other end of the call doesn't hear my voice.  I can hear them, but they can't hear me.  Other times, it's just the opposite:  They report later that they could hear me but I couldn't hear them.  If I hang up and immediately call back, sometimes it works and sometimes I get the same problem.  If I'm leaving someone voice mail, I have no way of knowing if they are actually getting my message.  Also, the same thing happens with incoming calls about 1/3 of the time.

I've powered the unit off and powered back up, reseated the network cables....all to no avail.  I have Comcast as the ISP.  There are two other iPhones in the house and the other users report the same problem that I'm having.  Thus, it's not an issue with the phone.  We also have a wireless router that is plugged into the Airave.  Our poximity to the Airave seems to have no influence on the issue.  I've also a friend who has an Airave, and he reports the same issue at his home.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Airave dropping calls

Try going here, they explain everything there: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/95982?tstart=0

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat