Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any action required after my contract is fulfilled?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Any action required after my contract is fulfilled?

My 2-year contract will be completed next week (March 21st), and I'll be swtiching to a different carrier and using a different phone. I was wondering if any action will be required on my part after that point, like letting them know that I no longer wish to be with Sprint, in order to avoid surprise charges, bills, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Any action required after my contract is fulfilled?

Call and cancel.  You may stilll receive a final bill depending on when exactly you terminate your account in your billing cycle.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Call and cancel.  You may stilll receive a final bill depending on when exactly you terminate your account in your billing cycle.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Master

If you caring your phone number over to the new carrier, DO NOTcancel your account with Sprint, they will terminate the account once the new company you go with will request the phone to be ported to them. Make sure you do that, one or two days before your monthly cut-off date for the billing cycle. Other then that, your account will be terminated by itself since your number will no longer show under Sprint.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I should have included that I will be getting a new number as well. I'll just give them a call in the next couple of days and let them know my situation.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat