cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else lied to by sales rep that activation fees would be waived?

Journeyman

Anyone else lied to by sales rep that activation fees would be waived?

Dear Doug,

Since the store has closed, you may not get this email, however, I'm the person who came in May 26th, trying to decide whether to sign a contract or purchase pre-paid phones.  After talking to you, I told you I did not want to sign a contract because I didn't want to pay activation fees on 3 phones.  You talked with your manager Chris and told me my activation fees  would be waived.  You also told me they would appear on my bill for 30 days, but you and Chris would set a reminder in your system to remove them after 30 days.  You told me when my bill came in to pay the amount without activation fees.  It has been 30 days and the fees were not taken off.  I tried to call the store but found out it closed yesterday and since there is no note on the file that we had this arrangement, I was forced to pay the fees or my phones would be canceled.  The sprint representative refused to waive them, as I signed a contract stating I would pay activation fees.  If you remember when I signed it on the computer I again asked you about this and there was no way to remove that clause in the contract.  You again told me to come in if they weren't taken off.  I like to think you and Chris weren't intentionally lying to me and it was just an oversight that your store would be closing within that 30 days.   Apparently Sprint feels their reps can say whatever they want and not honor these things.  I will fulfill my two years and then never ever deal with Sprint ever again.  You can pass that along to whoever cares.

Sincerely,

Robin Cottrell

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Anyone else lied to by sales rep that activation fees would be waived?

Unfortunately, activation fees are waived for NO ONE!!. It it sad that they told you It would be waived but didn't do it right then and there. It should have never appeared on you bill.

Journeyman

WOWWW!!!!! Unbelieveable ther is NO WAY that the reps DID NOT know that the store was closing within that 30 day period....Next time be sure to get something in writing I ALWAYS do I dont care if it was written on a milk carton I get names, employee id#s, dates, times, store locations and ph#s...... so sorry to say but there will be many many more times like this so please be prepared....and always have pen, and paper handy also--start pulling out the voice recorder on your phone and before you start a conversation when calling let them know you ARE recording the phone call for your personal records and for future use for miscommnuication purposes...Yes it gets that serious!

Journeyman

Definitely should have stood my ground and had it removed then.  Even though the care rep on the phone agreed the sales person probably lied, she was rude and said I signed the contract.  As I read these threads it is a common thing that people get lied in order to sign their contract, which is why I didn't want to and was going to do pre-paid until this sales rep told me things.  I left AT& T to be treated like this and after these 2 years, I will go pre-paid and I have lost my trust for anyone selling anything.  Sad world indeed. 

Journeyman

Unfortunately no Carrier with contracts can get activation fees waived unless theres a special going on or you shop online. If you're on a budget and are thinking prepaid, you shouldn't go to any carrier with contracts.

Journeyman

That's actually not true.  I have been with sprint/nextel since '05, and I have always had my activation fee's waived.  In all these years, never once have I paid, nor do I intend to start.  I did hear that they did away with that, but if you ask me, that's just an excuse.  There is no need for sprint or any carrier to require the extra money for activation, they get plenty of that with the monthly bill charges.  when you have a discount on your bill, that has always waived activation fees, it should stay that way, not change whenever a company, or sprint, feels it should....just my opinion.

Master

Robinc2012  I am sorry that this has happened you.  I certainly understand how you feel about this.  Sprint acivation fees at one time were waived for many reason.  This in no longer so  we in customer care are unable to waive acitvation fees for any reason other than the phone was purchsed under a promotion  which states the fees would be waived.  Currently that is online purchases only.  Could you give me the location  of the store that made this offer to you?. 

Journeyman

I feel where you are coming from.  They tricked me into an early contract termination and an upgrade, but explicitly told me I wouldn't be charged any extra money.  I was told the radio on the sg2 would get better service than my sg1.  Then I was stuck with 3 or 4 fees come next bill.  They have repeatedly failed me...even right now.

Journeyman

2325 Pointe Parkway, Suite 140
Merchants Square
Carmel, Indiana 46032

Phone: (317) 705-0751

Journeyman

rep waived my fee over the phone since i couldnt get connected online

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah they lied to me in store when I got my phones as well, sadly it's just another lowlife tactic, I ended up paying mine but I have not forgotten.

Journeyman

I was told that I would be charged an upgrade fee even if I did it online, then the sales rep stated if I called sprint I could get it waived for being a longtime customer. I guess they will do anything for a sale, this was at store 1038 in Atlanta the Salesman was William M.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat