cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know when the S2 will get ICS?

Journeyman

Anyone know when the S2 will get ICS?

So apparently the S2 has already gotten ICS on other networks through kies. Does anyone have any knowledge as to when Sprint will stop slacking?

Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: Anyone know when the S2 will get ICS?

It is embarrassing how much Sprint is dragging its feet on the update. As you said tmare01, other carriers have updated thier Galaxy S2, so I don't know how much to blame Samsung. It seems the hold up is Sprint. I doubt any Sprint employee will chime in on when it will be release, as they probably don't know.

Journeyman

No one knows like @david71a said, its sprints fault. Samsung is ready to go.

if you dont mind rooting, then yes you can but i wouldnt suggest it.

Journeyman

Sure would be nice if they could go ahead and release ICS.  I get told every day by my co-worker (running the ATT SII) how much he loves ICS.  Sprint has dragged on getting 4G LTE out as well

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you serious, that's like asking if your GalaxyS2 gets good 3G or 4G coverage.  We are on Sprint guys, this has been how they operate for a while now.  If anybody remembers when the EVO 4g came out there was a 4G $10 fee for ONLY 4G phones.  They slowly transitioned it to become a $10 "premium" data charge.  I've even read in forums where Sprint customers argue in Sprint's favor that's it's for all smartpohones; yes, it is now, but not origianlly.  It's kinda like that high school girl you slowly dwindle down her will power until she doesn't even realize she's putting out......lol

Journeyman

My point is at least Sprint was kind enough to tell us they love us and lube up good  before giving us the shaft.

Journeyman

Eugenious678 wrote:

Are you serious, that's like asking if your GalaxyS2 gets good 3G or 4G coverage.  We are on Sprint guys, this has been how they operate for a while now.  If anybody remembers when the EVO 4g came out there was a 4G $10 fee for ONLY 4G phones.  They slowly transitioned it to become a $10 "premium" data charge.  I've even read in forums where Sprint customers argue in Sprint's favor that's it's for all smartpohones; yes, it is now, but not origianlly.  It's kinda like that high school girl you slowly dwindle down her will power until she doesn't even realize she's putting out......lol

Cool, hook me up with a High School Girl!!!

Journeyman

I think the point is we (customes) are the high school girl and Sprint is having its way with us.

DMourouzis wrote:

Eugenious678 wrote:

Cool, hook me up with a High School Girl!!!

Journeyman

Lol @ dzmourouzis, I definitely won't be hooking anybody up with high school girls. And yes, we're the high school girls sprint is having their way with. Late third quarter means we'll get it sometime in October. They'll probably be on whatever is after jelly bean by then.... Smh

Journeyman

Late third quarter... Wow, if that is accurate then it will take Samsung / Sprint around one year to get the update out. And how long did it take custom ROMS to get ICS running on the Epic 4G Touch??

Journeyman

All in all, I've been very happy with my Sprint experience so far, but Sprint has really dropped the ball on releasing ICS for their S2 version.  I justified it being late because maybe it was harder to do for the non-standard S2 versions because even the Skyrocket from ATT hadn't received the update either...  But then yesterday the Skyrocket got the update.

This is hugely disappointing now that Sprint has been unable to deliver ICS to our S2, ESPECIALLY considering the fact that Samsung gave the update to Sprint first before any other carrier to work on.  What is the hold up?!  There are no more excuses.

Journeyman

custom ROMs are very different from official releases.  No approvals or FCC inspections are needed or done on custom ROMs.  It is really the paper work that holds up official releases, but I don't see how that is an excuse anymore now that even the S2 Skyrocket has the update.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat