cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know when the S2 will get ICS?

Journeyman

Re: Anyone know when the S2 will get ICS?

Journeyman

Get your hopes up.  ICS source dropped for the Epic 4g Touch today on Samsung's site.  This seems to support the leaked screenshot of a memo indicating it will be announced tomorrow.  (Originally reported by AndroidCentral)

Don't want to wait?  Source confirms release will be FF18 - this is already available on XDA.  (Disclaimer: Build is unofficial until Sprint officially announces the release - but it is the stock build provided for internal testing.)

Journeyman

I'm all thumbs when it comes to this crap.....how do I get the source on phone from Samsung....and if I'm asking that should I just wait for oat?

Journeyman

Source can't be installed on the phone directly - it must be compiled.  But it tells us (at least if GPL compilant) what version will be released by Sprint.

So how do you get it?  The unofficial version is on xda-developers, just look for it and you'll find a package that can easily install it on your phone.  But if you're new to the phone or may need Sprint support you should probably wait for the OTA (over the air) release and go that route.  Either way ought to get you the same version on your phone, it just matters how quickly you want it.

Journeyman

I'm impatient....but dumb as hell when it comes to this....guess I'm waiting...

Journeyman

garwynn wrote:

Get your hopes up.  ICS source dropped for the Epic 4g Touch today on Samsung's site.  This seems to support the leaked screenshot of a memo indicating it will be announced tomorrow.  (Originally reported by AndroidCentral)

Don't want to wait?  Source confirms release will be FF18 - this is already available on XDA.  (Disclaimer: Build is unofficial until Sprint officially announces the release - but it is the stock build provided for internal testing.)

You have an ICS Source?  That's funny.   knew a few people who had sources confirming that Lebron James was coming to the NY Knicks, we know how that turned out.

http://http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046726&fm_seq=49755

ATT already has 3 of their 5 Android devices running ICS. As far as I'm concerned SPRINT is a garbage company for making us wait this long for an update which is already outdated.   I'm don't expect the Epic 4g Touch to ever get ICS but at this point I want Jelly Bean.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you want a ICS source, just go to you tube,  instals the same as ff02 install video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86WbkmmkQe8

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat