cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone receiving "Not enough memory, Must delete some items" when trying to view the Gallery?

Journeyman

Anyone receiving "Not enough memory, Must delete some items" when trying to view the Gallery?

I have been receiving the message of "not enough memory,must delete some items" for about a week now when trying to review pics in the Gallery or look at them when texted to me.

I've deleted old pics, searched in general on Google for answers,  transfered tons to my SD card, deleted some off SD card. Shows I still have a little less than a G left on SD card and 1.75G on USB storage.

Nothing has helped

Took it to Sprint store. They said I needed to clear all cache on the apps. (already did but allowed them to do it again) Told me to do a factory reset after backing up all.

I did..no change.

Help..Please!

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Anyone receiving "Not enough memory, Must delete some items" when trying to view the Gallery?

Hello.  You mention that you did a "factory reset." Did this erase all of your text messages and call logs?  If this is the case, and you're still getting this message, the only thing left is the SD card itself.  You also mentioned that you "deleted old pics."  How did you do this if you cannot open the Gallery? 

As long as a factory reset has been completed, I would connect your phone to your computer, copy everything from your SD to your computer and format the SD. 

You can also put your SD into another Android phone, assuming this is what you have, and see if the problem is the same. 

Tom

Journeyman

Re: Anyone receiving "Not enough memory, Must delete some items" when trying to view the Gallery?

"You also mentioned that you "deleted old pics."  How did you do this if you cannot open the Gallery?" ...you do know there's other ways to access, delete, and slightly edit your files, such as through file browsers downloaded through the Play Store and/or through the USB connection on a computer, right?

Bam, I'm not 100% sure, but it sounds like it might be a cache problem. If you've got at least a GB of space on internal storage and the SD card, you've got plenty of space. When you/Sprint technical support wiped the cache, did you/they actually delve into the cache on the SD card? When you've got your sd card mounted to your computer, try navigating to DCIM>.thumbnails and deleting whatever's there. This folder contains all of the thumbnail images you see within the Gallery app, and even if you've deleted the real photos, these thumbnails stay around for awhile afterwards.

If that doesn't work, try doing as Tom suggested and put your SD card into someone elses Android phone and see if you can replicate the problem. If the same thing happens, you know it's a problem with the card. If this is the case, try going to Settings>SD card & phone storage then unmount and wipe SD card. And when you move your files back, try moving back the files themselves (selecting what you really want moved) and not entire folders. It could be that something within the folder(s) is what's causing this.

Edit: By the way, which phone are you using? This info may help to solve this problem.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat