cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assus Padfone 2 vs Galaxy Note 2

Master

Assus Padfone 2 vs Galaxy Note 2

I am trying to get an idea if the Padfone 2 is worth waiting or the Note2 is much more functional.

What do you guys think??

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Assus Padfone 2 vs Galaxy Note 2

In my opinion the Padfone 2 is much more versitile then the Note 2.

One reason for this is the Padfones size in comparison. The Note 2 is HUGE, it will be difficult to carry around as you cannot fit it in your pocket.

The Note 2s screen is also small for watching multi media or for large format viewing.

the Padfone gives you the best of every world. The padfone is easy to carry around. Being it just a tad smaller then the SGS3. Then the dock is a 10.1 inch tablet, which is perfect for large format portable mutimedia and gaming.

Then you have a keyboard that can turn your phone/tablet into a net book computer. Perfect for taking nots in class, or in meetings, or for even just easy chatting.

Not to mention that the Padfone 2 by itself has 16 hours of talk time, which is the same as the SGN2. then the padfone station can increase that to 36 hours of talk time, while simultaniously charging your Padfone. Then the keyboard will undoubtedly have another battery to further increase the life.

On another side of things, the Padfone has been outbenchmarking the Note 2, even though the padfone is still using ICS instead of Jellybean.

In my opinion I would rather have a Padfone then an SGN2 anyday of the week. The padfone is faster, more useful, easier to carry, has more options, looks better, and afterall its an ASUS device. ASUS has been know for its outstanding design and craftsmanship. I have never had a problem with one of their devices. Thats not something people can say about Samsung.

As a side not please contribute to my thread, in order to ensure the ASUS Padfone 2 becomes available on the Sprint network.

Even if you just give us a +1 =D

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/489781#489781

Master

I get what you saying, but isn't it to much luggage to carry (the screen, the keyboard), when I can just get my MacAir?

Or the worst case, I think it will be comfortable enough to just put the GN2 in the bag and use Bluetooth to communicate?

Also does Padfone 2 have NFC, WiFi Direct, and other features that GN2 has? unfortunately there isn't much online that talks about features for the Padfone2...

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Its not too bad to carry. I have an ASUS Transformer TF300T with a keyboard dock and I carry that around when ever I go hang at a coffee shop or I am going to school.

The thing that I like about the Padfone, is that you get to choose how much you want to carry depending on what you plan on doing.

For example, if I am headed down to the coffee shop, hanging out and doing homework, I will bring the tab cause its got a larger screen and will be easier to read my notes and show things to my friends. If I am going to school I will take the pad and keyboard, that way I can easily take notes and the screen size will be good for reading, editing, and drawing. Then if I am headed down to the bars downtown I can carry my phone safely in my pocket and no one will even know I have it.

However, with the Note 2, you are stuck with a 5.5" screen all the time. So if I am going out to the bars, I cant safely put it in my pocket. therfore I have to either carry it for the whole world to see, or I have to leave it in the car or something. Its also difficult to store it if you go for a run or go to the gym. Another thing is, if I have to take notes in school or write some stuff down, the S-Pen is nice, but nothing beats a full keyboard. I am currently writing this entire post from my Transformer right now =P

Also for features, I have a few links in the thread i linked earlier. I know for a fact it does support NFC and Google Wallet, It will be GSM and CDMA compatible (works on all networks). It has an S-IPS+ display with 550nits (much brighter and more crisp then the AMOLED display from the Samsung phones. The Padfone has a much better 13MP Camera with a larger Arpeture then the Note 2 as well. Plus I should also mention that the phone by its self has a similar battery life to the Note 2, Then you can charge it up back to full up to 3 times when you plug the phone into the tablet. Giving you roughly 3 times the battery.

Journeyman

The note isn't too big to put in your pocket. That is if you don't wear girly skinny jeans. You can also use a keyboard with the note. Plus I see no point in having a tablet if you already have a laptop but this just my opinion, everybody has their own.

Journeyman

I am a small guy. 5'10 and only 130lbs. The Note 2 will not fit in my pockets.

The Note2 can very well use a BT keyboard, however that keyboard will not provide USB support, nor will it further expand your battery. Also the ASUS keyboards, they dock with the tabs so you can use it like a mini laptop.

I took the route of trading my old 7lbs 15" laptop to get my 10.1" tab that ways just around 1 lbs. Then I have a big gaming computer for doing all my actual computing. The tablet is WAYYYY easier to carry around then the big laptop. It will also fit on a small desk no problem.

Idealy with the Padfone, I can sell my tablet and my accessories. Then I can combine my my phone and tablet. That way both the devices are synced and I can access all my data from both.

Wizard

Thanks for posting up the info on the ASUS.  I hadn't seen anything about the Padfone 2 until reading this...amazing piece of engineering.  We're only about one generation away from complete integration of our phones into our lives now.  The next step would be to have a dock in the car (would require all manufacturers to agree on a standard type / location for connectivity) and you'd have a single device that could be your personal computer, cell phone, and car radio/nav/communications device. 

Journeyman

oh I see, well I guess it depends on how big you are. That is a good point on the laptop thing, but I dont take notes on a laptop. Just do them the old fashion way with pen and paper, it's too hard to keep up with the professors for me because I'm not a very fast typer.lol 

I just had one question about the padfone, does it come with the tablet or do you have to buy it seperately?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I really like the Note 2, but in the end I find it less convenient to carry for me.

I also like the fact I can have both a small 4.7" phone like the SGS3 so its easy to carry. Then when ever its convenient I can transform it into a 10.1" tablet for my viewing pleasure. I think it will work better then a 5.5" phone at all times.

As for purchasing it, you have the choice. You can either just buy the phone then upgrade to the tablet seperately, or you can buy them in a bundle which according to some of the foreign prices will save you about $100.

According to some sources, the projected US cost will be around $650 for the 32GB phone. Then the tablet will cost around $300 on its own. The bundle will be about $850 for both 32GB phone and tab. There will also be 16 and 64GB versions of the phone, each one seperated by $100. Keep in mind these are retail prices, I would expect the contract price to be around what the Note 2 costs for the bundled phone and tablet.

Also note that these are only projections. No information on US pricing has been revieled. This information is being based on what other countries will be paying for the equiptment.

Journeyman

Sprint needs to pick up something like this, very nice looking piece of hardware.  "Availability in other countries will be announced at a later date." aka, never for Sprint probably

Master

I went ahead and picked up the Note2, and I have to say, it's not as huge as ppl think, and I love it so far. Very fast and smooth, and very cool features.

Screen size is great just big enough to let you do edditing and watch live feeds in a very comfortable way.

Journeyman

I don't want the Padfone.  I NEED the Padfone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat