cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awesome Choice of Nextgen Superphones

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO 3D vs Photon 4G vs Within (Galaxy S II)

I've been with Sprint since they were Spectrum and this period of time is the most I've been excited about an upcoming set of phones! I've really appreciated the utility my Touch Pro2 (WM 6.5) has afforded me since Jan '10 but it's time to go Android superphone. In the coming weeks many of us will have the luxury of choice with nextgen dual-core superphones. At first I was pretty much locked on the awesome look & specs of the HTC EVO 3D, but then the Motorola Photon 4G was just announced, and there's still the strongly rumored Samsung Within, a truly outstanding Galaxy S II superphone. So we're fortunately faced with a decision that has no poor choice. Since none have landed yet, we only have press shots, tech bloggers' hands-on, and specs to go on, but for my part I think I'm more enamored of the Galaxy S II ! Its 4.3-in Super Amoled+ display fit into the thinnest body out there running a dual-core A9 along with kickstand and NFC capability guarantees it to be extremely fast, wonderful to gaze at, and future-proofed. I'm really looking forward to demo'ing all three at a Sprint store this Summer but the Galaxy S II is my dream phone of the moment. Your thoughts, opinions ?!

(Because of someone's reply, I apparently have to state I'm just a normal Sprint customer with no affiliation to any carrier or cell phone manufacturer. It's ashame my enthusiasm has been misconstrued as an "ad", relax people.)

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

My thought is that this seems like a paid ad for Samsung...

Journeyman

Re: Awesome Choice of Nextgen Superphones

I have watched many videos on Evo 3D, Sensation and GS2. The GS2 beats all phones due out anytime soon due to dislplay, speed, memory, and size/design and the best battery (not 4G) It is not future-proof though. The GS3 LTE will debut at the same time the iPhone LTE will debut in Sept to Nov of 2012. I recommend the GS2 at Best Buy or Radio Shack so you can get a good buy-back when the GS3 hits the market. IMHO, if one is purchasing any smartphone these days, I buy-back program is a must. Also, Best Buy and RadioShack offer the best insurance. Easy decision if you care about saving money while also getting the latest technology. 4G phone battery life is not quite where it needs to be yet. By the time the GS3 adn iPhone 4G are released, battery life should be pretty decent.

Journeyman

Re: Awesome Choice of Nextgen Superphones

It's future-proofed because it sports the fastest dual-core processor on the best 4.3-in Super Amoled+ display, it has a quad-core GPU, and it features NFC, the next-gen way to checkout at retail, so with a hyper-advanced device like this you won't feel obsolete during your 2-yr contract period.

Wizard

BestBuy and RadioShack insurance are the WORST. They will find any little thing they can to deny your claim. Yes, they are cheaper, but this is definitely a case of "you get what you pay for".

Journeyman

I'm also due for an upgrade and am looking at all 3 phones.  Overall I hope to get the GS2, but the fact that there is still no release date could push me to get the EVO3D or Photon instead.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat