ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

Highlighted

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

Bought a pair of phones for "FREE" + tax, I guess, as they cost me $31 each.  After being told that i had better buy them now (mid november) to be sure I would have them in time for Christmas by a Sprint sales person, they arrived in 1 day when ordered on the website.  That would normally be great, but the sales person told me standard shipping which implied to me 3-5 weeks.  I was also told that no charges would accrue until I activated the phones, so I waited and have not yet activated them 12/22/2012.  The $62 at checkout when I bought them seems to have been applied to my bill then a new charge a month later appeared for $31x2 again.  This made me think that the tax was being refunded, but turns out it is just some bogus story about California law sprint uses.  The big problem is they also added the accrued charges for the 2 new phones because they are shipped already activated dispite the note in the shipping box saying to activate your phones by calling some number.  Anyway, after 2-3 hours on the phone to 7 different sprint billing/customer retention employees, I was able to get back only $60 of my $133 overcharge.  They say they are "legitimate" charges.  This means that one employee can make a mistake which causes someone to act on that statement, but when it comes down to it, Sprint WON'T TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES ACTIONS.  I am very dissatisfied with Sprint and as soon as humanly possible, I will be getting out of my contract and leaving this irresponsible company.

I hope that someone from their upper management reads this and sees how this is just not right.  I have been happy with Sprint for about 13 of the last 14 years and then there was last year that wasn't so good...especially this lack of customer service for a loyal and good customer.

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

I am sorry for the misunderstanding   Standard shipping for Sprint is 3-5 days  not weeks. If they are ordered for a new line of service we normally send the phone out activated so it is ready to use when it gets there.  If it is a replacement phone  we give you the information to activate the device.   The California Sales tax is on the  retail cost of the phone.  Not the price you are charged.  This has surprised may people.  The law is directes at mobile devices. Was this a black Friday purchase? 

The misunderstanding is not with the tax anymore.  That was schooled to me 6 times last night while on the phone to customer service.  The real misunderstanding is how come they couldn't do anything to reverse the damage done by their sales person who misinformed me.  Also, I failed to mention, a floor manager named Jose said he would credit me $59.95 ($24.95 from the first level customer service rep. + $25 he could do + 2 $5 dollar credits)  this did not happen and he outright lied to me that they would be on my account.  The follow up call by a manager today revealed Jose did NOTHING.  Today's call bearly put me back where I should have been last night, but still much short of where I would be if I had never trusted Sprint employees at all.  I am still frustrated that MY request that would make me happy again is considered "legitimate" charges and not reversible by Sprint.  Yet my request is only to reverse those charges assured to me by the first liar that they wouldn't appear in the first place and if they did, customer service would be happy and able to reverse them.  BS.  Unfortunately, I did not record any of these conversations, but judging by the number of posts with the words "bad customer service" on here, I probably should never talk to Sprint without recording it.  Nothing but lies and inability to correct wrongdoing is all I have encountered when talking to Sprint.

I must stress that the real problem I have is with the prorated charges and the over use of the word activate.  I have the phones in the boxes still and have not activated them.  According to the first liar, there should be no charges yet!!!!!

To thoroughly review your bill for any invalid charges, please send me a private message with your Sprint phone number, account PIN or security answer, and the link to this thread.

Thank you,

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

NOWcanyouhearme wrote:

I must stress that the real problem I have is with the prorated charges and the over use of the word activate.  I have the phones in the boxes still and have not activated them.  According to the first liar, there should be no charges yet!!!!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat