cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Life between iPhone 4s And Evo

Journeyman

I was wondering how the battery life of the iPhone 4s is compaired to the Evo.  I have heard all the people complaining that the battery life on the 4s is bad but is it better the the Evos battery?

12 REPLIES 12
Patron

No the battery on the iphone4s is much better than the evo but right now there is a bug in ios5 that is draining the life out of the batttery. So at the moment the evo has the better battery life but once they fix that bug the iphone will be better. Either way both phones are great.

Wizard

According to the Facts

The Iphone 4s
Battery/Power:
Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion standard battery: Li-Po 1420mAh
Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
Talk time: Up to 7 hours
Standby time: Up to 300 hours
Video playback: Up to 10 hours
Audio playback: Up to 40 hours
Internet Use: Up to 6 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi

And the Htc Evo

Removable 1500 mAhr, lithium-ion Battery with Up to 4.0 Hours continuous talk time.

Pink Elmo

Journeyman

I know the facts but I was just wandering from someone who owns the iPhone 4s that use to have an Evo first hand.  I know Apple will have an update to IOS 5 so battery will be better in a few weeks.  I was just curious if the battery life is worse on the iPhone 4s than the Evo because the Evo battery is terrible.

Journeyman

While I only have a regular iPhone 4 8gb which I am very happy with and has an incredible battery. My evo battery just plain sucked. When I would leave the house I always had to make sure data was off, wifi, bluetooth off just to make my battery last til I got back home. This just bears repeating I love the battery on my iPhone.

Journeyman

I just replaced my EVO 4G with the iPhone 4s and battery life is night and day.  My EVO was dead by 12pm every day.  My iPhone still has 10-15% left by 10pm.  I wake up and take my phone off the charger around 6am. Oh, and I am playing on the iPhone way more. Wi-Fi always on, bluetooth always on.

Journeyman

Thanks, thats exactly what I needed to know.

Wizard

What's the big deal over a battery? You can go on eBay and get 2 or 3 with a charger for under $15. When your iPhone battery runs dry you are dead in the water until you recharge it. With the Evo you simply pop the back off and stick in a fresh one. Most batteries lose some of their life 6 months into usage. When you have to replace your iPhone battery enjoy paying the $100!

Journeyman

Someone sounds bitter. Did an iPhone shoot your dog? I am just giving you my honest opinion from my experience. I love the EVO but that thing had sad many freezes, force closes and hard resets that our time together was over. I have been a big android fanboy for the last year but the iPhone OS is years ahead of any google powered device, sorry.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Battery Life between iPhone 4s And Evo

Evo 4g...full charge, 99.9% on stand-by...only lasted 4 days, 20 hours.  Far from the claim of.....whatever it is, lol....

and your Iphone 4sux...err, iphone 4slow..wait....I got it...your iflunk 4sprint battery fix is coming...( never heard that from every phone Sprint has ever sold )

Wizard

Re: Battery Life between iPhone 4s And Evo

I just upgraded my wife's Evo 4G to the new iPhone 4S. She really likes Siri but Sprint's data speed is horrendous with that new phone. If you read the Sprint Forums this issue will be confirmed.

We now have her old Evo 4G and my grandson wants to use it on our family plan. This means my options are I add a line which qualifies me to get another phone (possibly the iPhone) or let him flash it and use Cricket as his carrier. My grandson is willing to pay his portion of the bill so it's not even the expense of the contract obligation. I currently have a Evo 3D and enjoy the large screen and the Android format. Word today from Sprint is that HTC will upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich early next year for my 3D. I can not justify spending $236 or $336 and being married to Apple for 20 months.I don't like the small screen of the iPhone nor the little keyboard. It appears most programs are in both Markets but Android allows flash, optional additional memory, and the ability to get at the battery. If I was due for an upgrade right now I would have a hard time choosing the current iPhone on the Sprint network.

I am waiting for Asus to release their new Transformer 2 tablet. That bad boy is going to rock!

and

I already have an iPad so I'm not an Andoid fanboy nor bitter.

What concerns me more is why do I have all these electronic gadgets?

Journeyman

It was a simple question about battery life and not which phone is better.  I have always wanted an iPhone because I like Apple products and thats it. Thank you BARNESBR0831 for your honest opinion, that is exactly what I wanted to know.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat