cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drops when plugging into computer

Journeyman

Re: Battery drops when plugging into computer

My battery drain situation improved after the store did SOFT reset and I turned on the battery saver 24/7.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have come to the conclusion that when the internal sensor believes the battery to be fully charged or very close to it, the charge function is turned off totally. This is done internally to the phone.  The only way that I can get a full charge is to unplug it for a few minutes and then plug the charger back in.  I can eventually get a ding to indicate a full charge, but the screen only shows 99%.  100 is all but impossible.

Journeyman

Right?? It's crazy. If I use a regular charger, it will drain as fast as it charged once it's reached full. The only way I can maintain a 100% charge is the use a rapid charger.

GrandMaster

i use a rapid charger from my Flex 2, the stock one that came with the phone is next to my bed and a older charger for my M7 is at my girlfriends..they all push the phone to 100% without any issues other than one does it faster than the other 2.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes I had the same issue when charging thru USB cable on laptop. In fact the charge went to 0% on my new M9 just purchased yesterday

GrandMaster

there is also a know (pretty sure its known) bug with charging this phone..not all see it though..i have had it happen maybe once or twice since i picked up this phone..others have came across it much more than that..it will need a MR fix to be kicked from HTC to fix this though.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat