cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best 3G Phone with ICS?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Best 3G Phone with ICS?

So, I currently have a Kyocera Echo, and once my contract expires next year, I want to get a new phone. I am looking for a 3G phone that DOESN'T come standard with 4G, and has Ice Cream Sandwich installed or available soon. Does anyone know of a current Sprint phone or future Sprint phone available with these specific characteristics?

Thank you for your time.

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Employee

Re: Best 3G Phone with ICS?

I woult say the Nexus S would be the way to go, but is there a specific reason that you do not want an LTE capable phone?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

I do not live in a highly populated area and neither do I live near any major cities. So to pay for 4G LTE, when I do not travel enough to make that extra speed worthwhile for me, seemed a little much.

Sprint Employee

The monthly service charges would be the same for the Nexus S as any of our LTE capable phones. for some time now all smartphones will be charged the $10 premium data fee.

Journeyman

Okay, I did not know that. Thank you for your help.

Sprint Employee

I'm glad to help, feel free to post again if you have any more questions.

Journeyman

RC1024 wrote:

for some time now all smartphones will be charged the $10 premium data fee.

Did you mean to say, "have been charged the $10 premium data fee" or are you implying that the fee will be dropped in the future? 

Sprint Employee

No, I meant will be, as in will be charged the $10 premium data fee each month. I have no information about changes that could be made to how we bill for service.

Journeyman

Thanks.  Your mixture of past and future tenses confused me. I would have phrased it, "For some time now, all smartphone users have been charged the $10 premimum data fee."

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat