Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry 8330 Keyboard Issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

Last night, my niece spilled lemonade and some of it got on my Blackberry. Now the keyboard is not working. I can see when there's an incoming call and when I get alerts on my phone, but I cannot act on it. The only way I can turn on my screen is if I pull out the battery then out it back in, or if I connect my phone to the charger. Sprint just ordered this phone for me as my other Blackberry 8330 wasn't functioning properly.

Is there any way for me to fix this issue on my own? If I take it back to the service store, will I be charged? If so, how much?

Thanks

P.S. Besides the new text messages, emails, etc., the screen of my phone says "8830m uncaught exception"

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

yaa.ofori wrote:

Last night, my niece spilled lemonade and some of it got on my Blackberry. Now the keyboard is not working.

Based upon what you described it seems you have liquid damage on your phone which is not covered under our warranty program. You may confirm liquid damage by removing the back of the device. If the watermark indicator is pink or red than the device is not covered under the Warranty Program. If you have insurance you may file a claim at www.phoneclaim.com/sprint.

Journeyman

My daughter spilled water on her 8330 and we thought it was trash.  We took the battery out and put everything in a bag of rice.  It took about three days but the phone worked fine.  Unfortunately for you, though, lemondade is sticky and if it  got inside your phone it might have screwed up interior stuff.  I say try the rice method, at this point what do you have to lose, although it might take a while.  Otherwise an insurance claim is your course of action.  Good luck.

Wizard

If you have insurance, go that way. If not, I can only suggest looking online for tricks using rubbing alcohol or distilled water. Your phone is already fried, so they can't hurt it worse...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat