cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry videos- HTC EVO 4G

Go to solution
Journeyman

Whenever I try to watch videos in my EVO 4G, mainly youtube videos, they are always so blurry. Is there a way I can clear that up? Does everyone have this issue or is it just me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

While I always advise people to basis any critical decisions off the current reality, keep any eye out for Adobe Flash updates as for most web videos, that is what handles the actually video streams on the web.  It's possible that a future update will improve the performance for you. Also if you have a few favorite sites, more and more sites are putting out dedicated applications for their site and media feeds on the Android Market. While the results would obviously depend upon the application, I'd wager usually you'll see better results with a dedicated player, rather then trying to use the flash video in the web browser.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Wizard

Hello!

To better help figure out the problem, I have a couple of quick questions for you. Do the videos look out of focus or are they kinda blotchy? Also, what other videos seem to be impacted?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its basically all video links I click on unless they are videos that come from sprint.  Videos I record play back just fine, but anything I watch on the internet is just not clear, I would say blotchy, they just look horrible. I know it's my phone cause if I watch the same video on my ipod touch, our computer, it looks fine.

Highlighted
Wizard

Are you using the youtube application or going through the web browser?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The web browser. I'm just clicking the link, and out takes me to the video... Every thing is not youtube, but thats what I mainly notice. When I use the youtube app, the videos on there look fine, from what I just noticed.

Highlighted
Wizard

Regrettably, depending on the website, it may be what it is. I know that the Youtube application normally uses a feed that optimized for Android, but websites can be hit or miss. Have you noticed any difference if you are connected via Wifi or if it's available in your area 4G?

Highlighted
Journeyman

No I haven't really noticed a difference cause I normally look at videos when I'm home and my phone automatically connects to wifi when I'm home.  Il put it on 4G and see if there is a difference... if you click this link here, is out blurry for you?

http://www.vladtv.com/mobile/video/52400/

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok it looked a little better on 4G... But not as good a videos I look at thru the youtube app. I ready was just wondering if maybe I needed to change a setting or something... Guess it's just videos I see thru the browser... Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok I found that same video thru the youtube app, and it was perfectly clear. Guess it's the website... Again thanks for all your help, much appreciated...

Highlighted
Wizard

While I always advise people to basis any critical decisions off the current reality, keep any eye out for Adobe Flash updates as for most web videos, that is what handles the actually video streams on the web.  It's possible that a future update will improve the performance for you. Also if you have a few favorite sites, more and more sites are putting out dedicated applications for their site and media feeds on the Android Market. While the results would obviously depend upon the application, I'd wager usually you'll see better results with a dedicated player, rather then trying to use the flash video in the web browser.

View solution in original post

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat