cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken screen; phone works but doesn't show files when connected on USB

Highlighted
Journeyman

Broken screen; phone works but doesn't show files when connected on USB

I am one of the many who have had the skill of dropping their phone and cracking the screen. My Optimus G no longer responds to touch and I put off getting TEP cause 'I'll do it tomorrow'. Have attempted to connect via USB, but no files show up when looking at the 'phone'. Any thoughts if I might be able to ghost the screen, force connect the phone or see my texts? (I could care less regarding any data; just want to make sure I'm not missing any vital texts from the family.)

Tried to use Moborobo, but since screen isn't responsive to touch, I can't get the validation code in order to connect. Thank you for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Broken screen; phone works but doesn't show files when connected on USB

No thoughts for device itself.  You could set up Google Voice integration so you can send/receive texts all with your same Sprint # online and still stay connected.  You can also make/receive calls on your # that way too.

d_trimble86

I am here to help! I apologize about what happened with your Optimus G; you are on the right path of trying to find a 3rd party app to find your old texts; but as far as old ones are concerned besides trying to find an app there is really no way of pulling them from the phone. For current texts that you may want to send or receive you can use the Sprint Web Texter Plus, you can access this by logging into your sprint.com account there will be a link on the right side of the page that says "send text" and you'll then be moved to the web texter plus page from there you can send and get texts from your contacts. I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care Team

Journeyman

I wish I had known about Google Voice before all this. It's good to know for when I can get my phone operating fully again! Thank you 9149!

Journeyman

Thanks Krishel,

Unfortunate to read about the text messages I currently have just sitting in no man's land, then. Would have figured Sprint would have a way to send a transcript of texts or even voicemails...especially since law officials can get such data for trials.

Journeyman

-d_trimble86 Going back to your original post. Are you not able to see anything at all when you plug the USB cable in a computer? If you don't see anything at all it is due to your device not being in mass storage mode.

I would suggest taking your device to a Sprint service and repair center. They might have the option to extract that info from your phone. If the phone itself still boots up you should be able to pull that info of your phone.

- Mark

Social Media Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat